<part 2>

-by the end of the day at home, he found himself brushing his hair, getting ready for the party.-

Darryl's POV (1st): Zak didnt even tell me the address. I had to ask Vincent. He was so shocked to find out i was going. Pfft, like i cant go to a party..!... okay. maybe i cant. But im gonna try at this one. Plus it'll only be like, 3 hours im there. Again, school night. I grabbed my keys and walked down my porch steps and started my car, entered the address into my gps and started following the directions.

I arrived at a nice looking apartment with muffled music playing and i see Zak dancing around through the window from the street. I got out and walked up the steps to the door and knocked once. Before my knuckle touched the door, it swung open revealing a nice haired, blue hoodie black pants; zak.

"Hey, Glasses is here!" he shouted into the room. nobody could hear him over the music so nobody turned.

"Darryl."

"What?"

"Nothing, i just said my names Darryl."

He opened the door, gesturing me to come inside. I walked in seeing people happily dancing around and looked into the kitchen from where i stood; and, no alcohol. Zak put his hands on my shoulders, and pushed me through the room to a corner with less people in it.

"Got any moves, glasses?"

sigh.

"No, i cant dance. And, stop calling me that..!"

Suddenly, the boy started dancing in a circle around me.

"What are you doing?"

"Dancing? Im hurt." he'd laugh that infamous laugh.

I couldnt help but laugh back. I started to rock back and forth, then sway my arms and ended up silly dancing with Zak. At the moment, i felt like i was coming out my shell. Wasnt focused on my next paper or any essays or even that it was a school night. Everything moved in slow motion. Me and Zak smiled at one another while dancing. That was it. I felt like i could talk to him like i talked to Vincent all because of this one experience. I felt a bigger smile grow on my face as i thought about being friends with him.

-later that night, Darryl's house-

I walked into my house and looked around. Mom and dad are never home. Fine for me though, i liked the quiet. Thats why i like the library too. I walked up to my room and flopped on my bed and fell asleep quickly. Good thing i was tired.

-tuesday, in the halls-

After getting my locker contents and shutting my locker, behind my locker door was Zak. He waved at me, his over-sized sleeve flopping over his hand with every wrist gesture.

"Hey! Thanks for last night. I enjoyed myself."

"Yeah! I-" the boy paused looking over My shoulder to his friends snickering and laughing. He looked down and looked like he couldnt find words.

"Sorry, i gotta go."

"Oh-ok. Bye, Zak!" I turned around as he did and didnt get an answer.

weird. he always says bye. we've talked 3 times earlier that day.

Later, Zak came down the hall and it looked like he was headed towards me and smiled big.

"Hey Zak!"

"Hey Darryl" his voice a bit higher than usual, he was known for his voice spiking and his jokes and his laugh. Zak cleared his throat.