Welcome Back.

I woke up about ten minutes before my alarm went off, breathing heavily and hugging my body. I had a nightmare, which was nothing new for me. I wasn't scared because the dream was about monsters, I was scared because the dream was about what was going to happen when I woke up this morning. But I knew that no matter how much I stalled, what was coming was unavoidable.
     I ran a hand through my wavy brown hair before unlocking my phone and switching the alarm off, knowing I wasn't going to be able to sleep now. My feet gently touched the wooden floor of my room, as I tiptoed over to my closet, pulling out a pair of black jeans along with a white hoodie, I grabbed undergarments from my dresser and walked into the bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me.
     I winced as water from the shower hit my body, seeping into my fresh cuts. I closed my eyes against the pain and began to scrub my body clean, irritating the many bruises littering my body. I quickly cleaned my hair and stepped out, getting dried off and dressed.
     I rubbed my hair with the towel so it was mostly dry, before brushing it out and doing the little that I do to get ready for school in the mornings.
      I took a deep breath before walking as quietly as I could down the stairs and into the kitchen, I really hoped my father wasn't home yet.
     But as practically everything else in my life, this didn't go as I wanted it to. He was sitting in the kitchen.
      Upon seeing me coming downstairs he stood and came right towards me, the smell of cigarettes and alcohol hit and I had to force myself not to gag, knowing that if I did it would only worsen the situation for myself.
      "Where are you going," he demanded, staring me down with bloodshot, heavily bagged eyes.
      "I'm going to school," I replied, looking away from his eyes.
      "Well you better be going to fucking work. The money I got yesterday barley lasted me 30 minutes."
      "I am. I have work right after school," I said, trying to stay calm, "but I should go now so I'm not late."
      I got stopped in my tracks trying to walk to the front door, he grabbed my hair and pulled me close.
     " I wasn't done talking to you, don't you dare try to walk away from me," he snarled, slamming me into the wall, causing me to hit my head.
     "If I don't have money this evening you're going to get it, understand?"
      I nodded, blinking faster than normal to try and control the tears threatening to spill.
     I walked to the front door, slipping on my shoes and left the house grabbing my backpack. 
     I walked the distance to school in silence, thinking of how to approach asking for my paycheck a day early at work, knowing that if I didn't my father wouldn't show mercy.
     I took a deep breath before pushing open the door to my school and walking in. I went down the hallway with my head down and tried to get to my locker unnoticed.
      I twisted my combination into my lock, opening up my locker and started switching out textbooks.
     After barley ten seconds, my locker got slammed shut by a large hand.
     "I'm actually surprised you're still here today after yesterday," a voice said.
     I turned around and looked up at Jax, trying not to show him that I was scared out of my mind.
     "I guess now you know not to forget about doing my homework huh? See, unlike you, I actually have plans and I don't have time to write essays. So from now on you better complete it or I'll put you through much worse than you had yesterday, understand?" He said, shoving my shoulders, causing me to hit my back into the wall of lockers.
       I nodded and stared down at my feet, seeing his left hand clench into a fist out of the corner of my eye.
     Jax grabbed my face In one hand and forced my head up so we were face to face.
     "Words." He growled.
      "I understand," I said in a quiet voice, trying not to bring myself anymore trouble, I didn't think I could take anything after yesterday.
     Chase and Ryder, Jax's best friends snickered from behind him.
     "Jax, Gemma's here," Ryder said, nodding down the hall to where a girl was strutting towards the boys.
      "Hey baby!" Gemma said in her fake high pitched voice that only she thought sounded cute.
     Jax gave me one last shove into the lockers before wrapping his arm around Gemma's waist and planting a kiss to her forehead.
     "let's go somewhere else, there's too much trash here," Jax said with a smirk, looking over his shoulder towards me.
     As they walked away I got hit in the face with ginger hair as Gemma flipped her ponytail over her shoulder.
     Chase hit his shoulder against mine before he and Ryder trailed after the couple down the hall.
     "Wow. Welcome back I guess," I muttered to myself, massaging the bruise on my shoulder and walking the opposite way to get to my class early.

((I hope you guys like this new story! I'm really exciting for this plot I have
In my mind and I hope you stay with it! ❤️))