How did this powerful man get stabbed in a critical place? A small dagger embedded to his heart, however his strong and muscular body was free of wounds. But that's not even an issue, it was the weapon that was used to seal his death. My face paled with terror,

"Please *sniffs* Please don't leave me *sniffs*." A hoarse and despairing whisper escaped my dry lips.

His voice never wavered, as if he had not been stabbed, his thumb gently wiping my tears, "You can do fine without me, you know it."

My eyes widened trying to retort, but my mouth was immediately covered by his cold palm that once used to be very warm.

"I don't want to doubt my decision."

I sobbed into his palm as he closed his eyes, his features softening, "It's okay. I have long forgiven you."

I shook my head violently, "No no please don't say that. I don't- I don't deserve it! I don't!-" My muffled cries could be heard, ugly and miserable.

Time seemed to have slowed down, my heart beating in my ears as I watched his hand slid down my lips, dropping onto the snowy ground as the little bit of warmth left his body. A heart wrenching scream escaped my throat. Clinging to his body as if I was holding onto my dear life.

"No no no no no no no please please please PLEASE!! PLEASE I BEG YOU! DON' T LEAVE ME! I'M SO SORRY. I'm sorry. I'm wrong. I'm so sorry..." Burying his face into my chest, stroking his head gently and whispering an endless amount of sorrys.

Not once did I think, there would come a day, the man who was so very strong, undefeatable and unmovable like a raging mountain would die. Why was I so confident? Why did I think I could live without him? What hurts the most was, I knew it was all my fault!

All I could do was weep and shout to the world, to show how broken I was. My blurry vision caught sight of his sword that was beside him. The sword that was always a part of his soul. An absurd idea entered my mind. My eyes then fell onto the dagger in his heart. Eyes glinting with tears as my trembling hands reached out to its hilt, gripping it tightly and pulling it out from his body.

Once a person told me- "Life is a trial. So its okay to fail, but never give up."

I shook my head in denial. How am I supposed to get rid of this pain? How long will I be able to go on, in a world without him? Blindly waiting for him, knowing that he's never going to come back to me...

Guilt, regret, fear and finally it was an overwhelming despair that I felt.

I'm so sorry. I can't handle this crushing pain. It's just... It's too much. I'm truly sor-

"No!! Don't you dare do anything stupid! Put that thing down! Now! Listen to me! YOU STUPID BRAT!!!" The husky voice roared with authority, a sharp pain shooting through my head. My body grew numb as the dagger slipped through my fingers. Holding onto my head I screamed in agony.

"Your Highness?!" Shang Mo looked frightened as he gripped my shoulders.

I had screamed my guts out and not only Shang Mo but even the maids and guards had come into the room worry etched on their faces. I immediately ordered them to leave. After carefully searching my face Shang Mo stepped out of my bed chamber with a deep frown.

"..."

Clutching onto my head I bit my lower lip. My shaky hands reached out to the ceramic jar that was at the bed-side table. Pouring some water into a cup, I gulped down the water hurriedly. Once again pouring more, I slowly proceeded to sip from the cup.

"What the actual hell?" Lightly panting, I muttered frustratingly as I wiped the sweat that was sliding down my forehead with the back of my hand.

Every time I closed my eyes, that man's silhouette invaded my mind, my heart beating wildly each time. He looked a lot matured, probably was in his mid-thirties. So unfamiliar yet familiar as if I'd known him for ages but I never recalled ever meeting him or maybe I have? Moreover, this familiar beat of my heart that beats only for one person, was now beating in the same rhythm for a stranger.