"Yes, I'm hurt." He replied lowly, looking at me. "Where?" I started checking his face and hands for any sign of injury.

"Not there, Eloi... Here." He pointed at his lips, mischief lingering in his eyes. "I'm hurt really bad and I want immediate treatment."

This playful man!

I fake gasped. "Oh, goodness, should I bandage your lips?" I asked innocently.

"Yes, please...bandage my lips with yours." He said bluntly, pulling me closer to him by my waist. I laughed and pressed my lips on his. He took it as an advantage to kiss me hungrily. He broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Now, I'm feeling better." He grinned and I chuckled. Suddenly, his grin flattened and nervousness surfaced his face. He straightened himself and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Er... Eloi, there's one more thing I need to tell you." He mumbled, trying to look at me but failed.

"What?" I asked, frowning.

"Er... Umm... I visited your mother too."

I took a sharp intake of breath in annoyance. "I told you she doesn't like you, she does not want us to be together. Still, you went there?" I asked in disbelief.

"Eloi, listen first—"

"I'm not listening to anything regarding her." I turned my back to him and made my way to our room.

"Okay fine, I won't talk about her. I have something else —"

"No, I know you'll talk about her," I said angrily as I ascended the stairs. He kept running after me, shouting my name. Furious, I entered the room and suddenly I was pinned to the wall.

"Stop avoiding me and listen." He said in annoyance, pining his hard eyes with mine. "I said I won't talk about her which means I won't. I know you're upset and I'm not forcing you to talk to her now but keep in mind she's your mother, you need to clear things up. You can't avoid her for life." He said sternly. I crossed my arms and turned my head sideways, avoiding looking at him.

Sighing, he pulled himself away from me and frustratingly ran his fingers in his hair. "I wanted to ask you something else but I guess you're not interested in talking to me. So, avoid me all you want." He walked away and sat on the bed.

My heart sank in the pit of my stomach and I cursed myself. I'm the stupidest person on the planet. He went out to fight for me. Though he knew my mother disliked him, he still visited her. Any other man would have avoided my mother due to her selfish behavior but he went to her, keeping his pride locked in his pocket. He did all of it me and what I did? I made him upset.

I badly need to keep my anger in check.

Without thinking twice, I sauntered and sat beside him but he didn't look at me. I poked his arm with my finger. "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Talk to your anger as it is more dear to you." He grumbled and standing up from the bed he sat on the couch. I too stood up and sat beside him on the couch and apologized again but he again ignored me and went into the balcony. I too went behind him but didn't step in the balcony, I stayed in the room and spoke,

"Daniel, I'm sorry. I completely agree with you that I can't avoid her for life and I assure you that I'll talk to her when the time is right. I wasn't avoiding you and I do want to talk to you. Please forgive me and talk to me."

He again avoided me. I huffed and started running my mind on how to make this man talk to me again. An idea instantly popped up in my mind. I walked to the nightstand and opened the lowest drawer, I grinned when I found the perfect weapon to make him talk to me.