Part Two: The Law and some Math

I looked down at his foot and shrugged.

"Oh Darn, I guess"

I get up and toss the pizza and head to my next class period. 

AP Statistics.

I almost like math because of this class. Almost. Not really though. I zone out. At the end of the day math is still math. My thoughts continue to drift to other things. When i start thinking, my thoughts are like a train route and I am a lost passenger. I don't know where I will end up and the stops along the way continue to surprise me. 

The bell jerks me back to reality. Yay, one last period. Law and Justice. I love this class. It is a pathway that complements my goal of becoming a family lawyer. I want to protect innocent children from terrible adults. I've been a witness and a victim to things I wish to save others from. 

"Aracelia"

"Here!", I replied. 

"That's nice. But I haven't asked my question yet," said my instructor. I had to sit on my hands from facepalming myself. I always do that. Always. 

"Oops?," I say

"Why was the case Miranda v. Arizona important to the justice system today?"

" This case caused the creation of "Miranda Rights" that are read to every suspect that is going to be arrested and taken into custody." She looked at me to continue. I obliged. " It also means that a suspect can confess to a crime, but if their Miranda Rights have not been read to them then their confession cannot be used against them in the court of law." She nodded at me and then continued her lesson. 

A few minuted later the bell rang and I left to go home.

*******************

He was there. I stood in my driveway staring at his truck. I cursed to myself as i came up with a plan to try and escape to my room before they knew I was at home. I quietly opened and closed the door and tried to run past the living room where I knew they were sitting.

"Aracelia!", he bellowed. I felt the blood drain out of my face and took a deep breath and then walked into the living room. 

"Yes Uncle?" I asked. I left the hate and disgust out of my voice. My mom would get mad if she heard me be so disrespectful. 

"Come give your Uncle a hug," he said with a slimy smile. I started to feel the goosebumps ride on my arm and the fear rise in my chest. I walked slowly over to him and put my arm around is shoulders lightly. He pulled me closer and put his lips next to mine as his hands lightly traced my ass. I got shivers. Definitely not the good kind. I wanted to run away. So far from here. But I just looked at my mom. She wasn't paying attention. 

But when does she ever?