Liam purses his lips. "How 'bout ice cream?" He suggests, instead.

Zayn quirks an eyebrow at Liam, a smile chuckle leaving his lips. "Liam." He warns, playfully.

He chuckles back. "Sorry. But really, how does ice cream sound?"

The younger boy sighs. "Okay." He says hesitantly.

Liam smiles in victory. He was tired of spending money on himself, it didn't feel special when he did it. But when Zayn came along, he felt as if he need to pamper him, not only with items, but with affection. He liked how it felt when he hugged him, or when he would whisper something in his ear and his cheeks would turn into a gorgeous shade of pink. He wanted to know how it felt like to place his lips on Zayn's, how he would react. It has tempted him many times but Liam can't seem to build up the courage and tell Zayn that he thinks that he is an amazing person and that he thinks that he is in love with him.

Liam Payne was in love. In love with a young boy with amnesia, who's heart is bigger than he could ever imagine. His smiles seems to glow, sending great vibes to everyone in his way, a smile that can charm. He has charmed Liam, the moment he sat by that alleyway with his skinny arms wrapped around his legs, small bits of dirt on his face and weak smile. After his first encounter with him, he hasn't seen anyone that has managed to reach Zayn's level of inner and outer beauty. All he knows is that he is one of a kind, no one will ever be able to replace him, he has earned a special spot in Liam's heart, a spot that no one else will be able to earn.

-*-

They exit the ice cream parlor, the sun setting earlier because winter has just begun. It has not snowed yet, but it will begin to soon.

Zayn has a large fluffy coat, his cheeks red due to the weather and his hands cold. Liam grabs one of them and heats them up in his large ones, he squeezes it a bit and smiles at him, who smiles back shyly.

"How was the ice cream?" He asks, as they walk down the sidewalk. They had decided to go on their on two feet, since the ice cream parlor wasn't too far from Liam's home. He always avoided taking his car, he felt lazy when he did.

Zayn moans. "Delicious." He says, smiling wide. "Thank you, Liam."

"My pleasure, babe." And Zayn smiles to himself at the pet name.

He's squealing on the inside.

"Oops, sorry." Liam apologizes at the person they had just bumped into. But he smiles at them when he takes a look at their face. "Mr. Philips! How are you, sir?" He takes the man's hand and shakes it.

Zayn remains silent, his eyes fixed on the older man in front of them. His presence brought a strange feeling to him, but Zayn doesn't to judge, not when he has just bumped in to someone he thinks he doesn't know.

"Payne! How's my favorite hard worker?" He sounds almost father-like when he greets him, a proud grin on his face. His eyes then dart over to Zayn, his smile twitching a bit, threatening to turn into a frown, but it doesn't and he turns back to look at Liam.

"And who's this?" He says, politely to Liam.

Liam slightly nudges at him. "This is Zayn." He introduces him to his boss and Liam feels proud doing it.

Then Dean's eyes meet Zayn's and Zayn tries not to gulp and hide behind Liam.

He had the same cruel blue eyes that haunted him in his dreams.

But he remains silent and tries to smile back, taking his hand in Dean's, shaking it.

"Why, Liam, you never told me you had a boyfriend." He teases lightly, completely aware of his sexuality.

Liam chuckles nervously and pulls his hand away from Zayn's. He scratches the back of his neck. "We aren't boyfriends." He clears it up, a nervous smile on his face.

Zayn tries not to frown, he just chuckles back nervously as well. But he scowls at himself for being so silly. Of course he's not Liam's boyfriend, they haven't even kissed.

"Ah." Dean nods and looks back a Zayn one more time, sending chills down the smaller boy's back. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow at work." He smiles at Liam, patting his shoulder.

"I guess we will." Liam says, nodding as well. They say their goodbyes and go their separate way, Zayn still having a strange feeling about that man.

"What did you think about my boss?" Liam asks, the two of them looking both ways before crossing the street.

Zayn tries not to shrug. "He seems like a nice man." He simply says, wearing a poker face.

He smiles sadly, sighing quietly. "He's just like a father to me. After my real one died—" He pauses, clearing his throat. It was obvious that he was trying not to let his feelings get the best of him. But it was a long time ago, when he was barely sixteen, he should get over it now. He sniffs and continues. "—he helped me move on. He paid for my university, landed me my first job." He sighs again. "It a shame he's retiring. He's an old soul but he still seems to act young for his age. He trusts me enough to completely hand me the company next year and for that, I am eternally grateful."

Zayn smiles at him. "Well, he should be proud of you. You're a hard worker and an amazing person." He says honestly.

Liam smiles back, the apologetic one out of the way. He wraps an arms around his waist, pulling him close to his side. He didn't care who saw, because having someone like Zayn around is a complete honor, even if they aren't even a couple.

-_-_-

Holaaa

What did you guys think about this chap? Was it good? Any predictions?

How was your Christmas? I hope you guys had fun :D

What do you think about Dean? Do you really think that he's the one in Zayn's dreams?

So many questions, omfg, I'm sorry.

Chapter dedicated to the amazing ZaynJPayne because I love her comments and her support towards this story. c:

GUYS, 'PAINT' ALMOST HAS 2K VOTES!!! I AM SO HAPPY, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.

BESOS, MIS BEBES HERMOSOS <3 (sorry, I just brought out my Spanish)

Oh and remember that 'paint' has been entered in the BromanceAwards, you can vote for it under the 'Undiscovered Ziam' category :)

And I've decided to give you guys a little gift for being such awesome readers! There is going to a 'paint' marathon :D three chapters in one whole day because why the fuck not?
Okay, kids, it has come to the end of this a/n.

Lots of love ♥

-Nessa