Chapter 2 (Brad's POV)

Theres a knock on the door a few minutes after mom leaves and Elliot goes to get it while Caleb and I go to the room he told us we're going to sleep in.

"Hey Elliot! Mom made this casserole and wanted me to bring it over. Hope im not interrupting or anything, am I....?" I stepped out of the room and met the hazel eyes of a beauty. The girl at the door was around 5"4 since I'm about 5"10 and she looks a good few inches smaller than me. Her brown fading into caramel hung loosely and ended in the middle of her back. And the best part is that she appears to be around my age...well hello.

We must've been staring at each other for a while because Elliot coughs to try and hide a chuckle. "No no of course not, come on in Steph" he urges her in. She steps in with a smile and looks at me and behind me to where I suppose Caleb is standing and Elliot closes the door behind her and guides her to sit down at the table across from our room but she remains standing beside it.

"Hi, I'm guessing you guys are Elliot's sons?" she asks in a light yet confident tone after placing the casserole on a place mat on the table.

"Yeah, hi! Im Caleb and that's Bradley! You're very pretty!" Caleb bursts out happily while going up to her to shake her hand. I look at him in bewilderment. I can't believe he just said that to her, dear god that child has no filter. She just laughs and shakes his hand with her small one.

"Aw thanks Caleb!" she blushes and then looks up to me "nice to meet you two, my names Stephanie" she laughs. I shake my head a bit to try get myself out of the trance I was foolishly in and lean against the wall to my left looking towards her and Elliot.

"Nice to meet you. How do you two know each other?" I ask them furrowing my brows in confusion and curiosity. She smiles brightly and that makes me wonder how she could possibly interact with a man like my father. She's too nice for that.

"We're neighbors and we always bump into each other when we go shopping and stuff, so I see Elliot a lot" she replies glancing up at Elliot who is just coming back into the room with a red tinted juice which I assume is cranberry juice. She smiles at him and thanks him for the juice.

"She sounds sweet and all, but she has a right hook that can knock me into next week Brad, be careful with this one" he laughs nudging her with his elbow. This makes my eyebrows shoot straight up. She doesn't look like a fighter or a rough person. She groans and rolls her eyes looking at him.

"Ugh Elliot! Stop, you're probably gonna make him think I'm a psycho" she chuckles nervously and I can't help but chuckle with her. What can I say, she has a contagious laugh.

"But you do!" he defends. "They're staying with me for the weekend so you can hang with them for a bit. I gotta go to the bathroom. Behave!" he jokes opening a small door beside my room and locking it after him.

I look at her and notice she shivered a bit. "you cold?" I ask her. She chuckles a bit and her hazel eyes meets mine.

"Yeah, I may or may not have had a massive snowball fight with a kid down the street a minute before mom sent me here" she blushed looking down. Hm, cute.

I chuckle and stick out my thumb pointing to the bedroom behind me. "there's a really fluffy blanket in my room if you want to warm up a bit. It's freezing in this house"

"Oh my god, yes please" she cheers while hugging herself. So, without wasting a second, I turn and head straight in to get the blanket that I saw before on the bed. I grab it and wrap it around the shivering girl with a small smile and she just looks up at me with those doe eyes, making me lose any kind of anger and frustration towards my father, a certain calming sensation washing over me.

 Again, we must have been staring as Caleb startles both of us by gasping. I turn around to him annoyed that he made himself known and as I was about to give out for being dramatic, I saw what he was holding....holy shit.