Chapter 12: Silence

Silence can be the worst type of scream at times. The worst, and the most painful.
.
.
I might want to skip forward to the point in my really incredible and sad story featuring Draco.
Christmas passed in a heartbeat and before we even knew it, it was January.
My classes were going extremely well. I was keeping my grades up surprisingly with everything going on.
Things Draco were great... Although they were until a week ago. He was so perfect. He knows what it's like to be the only child. You kind of get the feeling. You don't have any siblings and you feel bad because except your parents you can't really fight with anyone and you can't share love.
With Draco, he's a brother, a friend and... A boyfriend. He's perfect.
Harry, Ron, Ginny, Neville, Luna and Lavender are my friends. Up to then. They were great. Up to then. And so is Draco. He was like my gravity. He kept me to Earth. Up to then.
We had a vacation coming up in February. I was going to go home to my parents because I knew they missed me and because I too, needed to see them.
Draco used to sneak some times to come and see me in the Common room. Until now, Ron and Harry and all the others didn't notice anything. Unlike Lavender.
She got really close to me recently. She's great really. Not like Harry sees her. Ron's right. But of course, there's that jealousy that comes in me when I see her with Ron. But I have Draco now so it's not like it bothers me much now anyways.
I went to Potions one day. I entered the room with the wooden door creaking and the room all untidy. As I entered, Draco entered behind me.
Nobody entered yet, so he kissed my hair on the back of my scalp. I looked back at him and smiled and in that precise moment, Harry entered.
I faked to move Draco off and smile at Harry. Harry fell for it and sat next to me.
"So. How's life Hermione?"
"Great."
I sat silent for the rest of the lesson and so did Harry.
~~~~~~~
Me and Draco planned a meeting every Tuesday at nine in our usual place. For a few weeks it was great. We both showed up at the same time and we spent so much more time together than usual. We became closer and closer when a fatal day came.
I was coming down a corridor to go meet Draco. It was cold. It was end January and the cold kept coming. I had occasional shivers and rubbed my hands on my arms to try and make them hotter at times.
I glided down the corridors with the happy feeling that I was going to see my Draco. When suddenly, I hear a sort of whisper/scream from a familiar voice. I peer around the corner to see Snape with his hands up in the air and clearly angry with someone. I hid behind the wall opposite and breathed fast because I was scared but then I started trying to breath slowly and calmly in order for Snape to not notice me.
I heard:
"You can't spend another second near that... That.. Filth. That girl... Could bring you so much bad and even though I told you once, you persist! What is wrong with you lad?"
I heard someone tear up and get angry too.
"Snape... You do not tell...me... What to...do."
I looked around and saw Draco. His face was angry and tearing up. He was crying of anger. It wasn't fair, they were taking him away from me.
The truth was, the lesson of Potions the previous week, Snape had seen us. He knew what was going on. That crazy individual.
I couldn't bare it any longer. I walked away swiftly. I started to tear up... I started crying and fell against the wall. I knew what was happening before it was happening. It was crazy and sad all at the same time.
I started crying and drying my tears. I thought: "This can't be happening. The best things never last... Me and Draco were too perfect."
Suddenly I heard footsteps and thought it was Snape so I started hiding behind a slight forward column poking out from the wall of the corridor. Me and Draco were going to meet in half an hour.
I poked my head out slightly and saw Lavender walking down the corridors. Her curly, blonde hair floating as she moved.
"Hermione?"
I tried hiding my tears.
"Hermione, what happened?"
She started hugging me tight and patting my head.
I told her everything because I clearly didn't have anything to loose anyways.
She looked at me shocked and caring and then took me to the Common Room where luckily no one was there.
"Hermione. Just stay here a few. When you feel better you can go and meet Dra..Draco and figure things out." She sounded disgusted because she hated Draco.
A few minutes passed and I sat in front of the fire drying my tears and getting warmer from the cold. Then Lavender spoke up:
"So... At least Ronald is all mine?"
She looked at me with a serious face and after ten seconds she bursted out laughing. I laughed too.
"He's all yours."
That, my friends was a promise I could never keep.