Chapter 2: the rescue

Alex had decided that she did not like this century's latest doppelganger at the very moment.

It was not a decision taken lightly, but there was only so much whining that she could handle before her brain exploded. Where are we, who are you, what do you want? It was a constant loop the brunette seemed to be on. The kidnappers were clearly growing tired of it, and Alex was counting down the seconds before another smack would echo through the abandoned home. Of course she understood, but all the questions were not going to help them at the moment.

Rose even said so moments later, leading to the doppelganger following Alex around as she searched around the room.

Where could it be?

"What are you looking for?" The copy asked.

Great, now she's turned to questioning me.

Alex sighed, turning to the girl shortly before facing back towards the couch, throwing cushions to the dirty ground. "Have you seen a w...stick lying about? Approximately 12 inches, light brown, pointy?"

The thought that the abductors may have taken it suddenly occurred.

Elena's brows scrunched together, looking at the girl like she was crazy.

"We've been kidnapped by random strangers, and you're looking for a stick?!" She whisper shouts. Alex rolled her eyes, exhaling slowly before responding with a simple nod and sarcastic smile. Elena scoffs, clearly not amused as she stomps over to a chair and plops down. 

"Aren't you the new lady living up in that mansion on the hill? I know why I'm here, sort of, but why are you?"

Alex grunts as she gets to her knees, beginning her search under the couch instead. "Oh right, because I should know why I randomly get knocked out at some stupid ball after hiding in the corner where the food was all night. Obviously I don't know, child, otherwise I probably wouldn't be- Ah ha! Got you!" She suddenly exclaims, pulling what looks to be a stick from under the couch.

It is then that the kidnappers decide to come back in, staring oddly at the girl holding a stick for moment before quietly discussing with each other.

Alex decides that she does actually want to know what is going on, so she steps closer to the two, waiting for them to finish whatever they were saying before tapping the tall lady on the shoulder, who grows tense as she turns to face the woman. 

"Sorry for interrupting whatever vampirey supernaturally talk you two are having, but may I ask why I am here? I'm not entirely sure what's going on, as per usual, but perhaps you could give me an inkling of understanding here?" Alex awkwardly finishes, looking between the two amused looking vampires.

"You know what they are?!"

We're just gonna ignore that one for a bit.

Trevor shrugs, looking to Rose for an answer. Rose rolls her eyes, scoffing before facing the woman. "I can't give you all the details, I myself am not entirely sure, but all we know is that he wants you as well as the doppelganger, and we want our freedom. I'm unaware as to why a human is so important, but I digress." She finishes her statement before turning back to Trevor to calm his already racing thoughts.

Elena stares, unsure of what to do as Alex nods, happy to be sort of in the loop.

No wonder they didn't take my wand, they have no idea who I actually am. That solves one problem. Kind of.

***

A knock suddenly rings through the otherwise quiet house, startling most of the occupants. Alex sits on the cushions on the floor, ready to enjoy the show, whatever the show may be, as Elena's palms grow sweaty, realizing that this could be it.