"You do?" She asked, surprised by the announcement. [Y/n] smiled and nodded as he scratched the back of his head.

"You have a familiar?" She asked, surprised by the casual announcement. [Y/n] smiled and nodded as he scratched the back of his head.

"His name is Flor. I don't summon him very often 'cause he likes to cause trouble if I take my eyes off of him." [Y/n] started, sweatdropping at the thought of what happened the last time Flor wandered off after a Coal Tar. "He can be mischievous when he wants to... which is a lot... more like all the time..." He mumbled, his mind filling with memory after memory of the stress that Flor had caused him. "It was funny at the start but it kinda spiralled out of control..." He added, laughing nervously while Shiemi tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Do you think I could meet him?" She asked, nervously wringing her hands together as she spoke. [Y/n] smiled softly as he nodded.

"I'm pretty sure that Mr Neuhaus said he was going to teach us summoning today anyway." [Y/n] announced, gaining Shiemi's undivided attention. She hadn't heard about that. "I'll introduce him then." [Y/n] promised and watched as a wide smile took over Shiemi's whole face and her eyes lit up. That feeling of doubt she had a few minutes ago seemed to have completely disappeared and pure excitement took its place.

"I can't wait!"

~*~

"All right, I will now summon a demon." Mr Neuhaus announced as he finished drawing the magic circle on the ground. Everyone else stepped back to give him space but Rin actually took a step forward to get a better look. "Watch your step!" Neuhaus snapped, causing Rin to jump back in panic. "If the magic circle is broken, it will lose its effect." He explained, shaking his head and sighing as the student mumbled out an awkward 'sorry'. [Y/n] rolled his eyes at Rin's obliviousness but couldn't help but chuckle at how endearing it was. "Now, to summon a demon, you'll need a drop of your blood and a suitable invocation." Neuhaus continued, turning back to the magic circle while removing from of the blood-soaked banged from his hand. He held his hand above the circle and let a few stray drops of blood splatter onto the chalk. "Son of Typhoeus and Echidna, hear my call and show yourself!" He cast and suddenly a fierce wind began to whip up around the circle. All of the students moved back in an attempt to stay standing and not get blown over. The chalk on the floor began to faintly glow before the ground began to morph and swell on its own until it finally rose and took the form of a dog that was covered in tumours and looked to be stitched back together.

"Is that a Naberius?!" Koneko asked, amazed by what he had just witnessed.

"I've never seen one!" Bon exclaimed, looking down at the demon with wide eyes.

"Smells like sulphur!" Shima complained, covering his nose in disgust. [Y/n] just rolled his eyes at his whining. It really wasn't that bad. He turned his attention back to his teacher as he began talking again.

"Summoning a demon to use as a familiar is a rare trait. Not everyone is capable." Neuhaus announced, warning the class that it might not work. [Y/n] couldn't stop the smug smile from creeping onto his face. After all, he already had a familiar. "Now, to tame a demon, you must have a strong will and unshakable nerve. Having a natural talent for it is also valuable." He explained, wrapping his bandage back around his bleeding hand. "Today, I'm going to test you to see if anyone has this talent." He announced and the whole class gasped in shock.

"A test?" Rin asked worriedly, still not over the announcement of the Exwire exam. He did not want another graded test right now.

"At the beginning of class, I handed out pieces of paper with a copy of the magic circle." Neuhaus began, taking out one of the pieces of paper as an example. [Y/n] nodded along as he took his own one out of his pocket. "Place a drop of blood on it and chant whatever words come to mind." The teacher advised and the whole class nodded in understanding. Kamiki was the first person to step forward. She quickly pricked her finger with a needle before smearing her blood on both pieces of paper.