6 - CHANBAEK: Chanyeol and His Spacing Out Problem

Beginne am Anfang

"What flavor do you want?" Baekhyun asks and Chanyeol skillfully points at the monitor above the counter without sparing a single glance at it, his eyes still looking at Baekhyun, that he has almost poked the cashier in the eye.

"Oh...kay? You want a bitter melon ice cream?" Baekhyun narrows his eyes at the label and Chanyeol just nods, too quick to be considered as normal.

"You really are weird today, Chanyeol. Well, you're always weird anyway!"

Baekhyun laughs at his own joke and Chanyeol finds himself laughing too, because a laughing Baekhyun equals to a laughing Chanyeol.

The ice cream is definitely bitter, Chanyeol realizes, as he scrunches his face after the taste lingers in his mouth.

"Why is this so bitter!?"

"That's bitter melon ice cream, Chanyeol. Of course it's bitter," Baekhyun says, a matter-of-factly while he eats his own vanilla ice cream.

Chanyeol frowns at his green gooey dessert. Well, it' okay at least he could see Baekhyun with ice cream mess on the side of his mouth right now, that he wants to lick it off for him-- what?

"Guh," Chanyeol says while staring at Baekhyun dumbly.

"What's wrong with you seriously?" Baekhyun asks, genuinely worried about Chanyeol's (mental) condition. He presses his palm against Chanyeol's forehead to feel if he has a fever or something.

Chanyeol's initial reaction is of course, to pull himself away from Baekhyun and blush hardly but wow, he doesn't do it.

He stares directly at Baekhyun's eyes, like a man as if he's pouring all of his feelings and Baekhyun suddenly stops, looking back at Chanyeol, waiting for him to says something.

"I like you," Chanyeol says, still shining eyes trained at Baekhyun, too seriously and not so Chanyeol-lish and idiotic as if the time has stopped in favor of the two of them.

Baekhyun withdraws his hands from Chanyeol's forehead and touches his cheeks in exchange, he smiles at him and Park Chanyeol thinks that finally, he has confessed his love for Byun Baekhyun.

"I like you too, Chanyeol."

And Chanyeol swears he's the happiest man alive on earth and he can see rainbows and hearts, and unicorns--

"--as well as Sehun and Suho hyung! And oh! I like Jongin too, and Kyungsoo! Even though he's always hitting me but yeah, I can see he's just like that. And you know..."

Chanyeol is dumb, and Baekhyun is dense as a rock

*

Chanyeol is moping, body flopped on the bed, too sad and disappointed with the downfall of his tragic lovelife. Sehun pats his back and traces soothing circles on his shoulders, and he's thankful that Sehun is part of the group.

"I'm charging this massage for 50,000 won."

What an ungrateful maknae. Chanyeol groans and cries like a kicked overgrown puppy while he curls like a ball.

"Seriously, Chanyeol hyung. What the hell is wrong? Last time you're all smiles and now you're a mess, getting snot and gross body fluids all over the sheets."

Chanyeol shoots up on the bed and makes a pitiful face at Sehun. The younger gags for a while with a 'stop doing that' to his hyung.

"Let me guess, you confessed to Baekhyun and you got rejected," Sehun concludes (because he's the smartest human in this dorm) and Chanyeol just nods, biting the pitiful pillow in his arms.