I pulled my hair into a ponytail and walked out the door, almost running into my guilde.

"Are you ready Miss. Belleflour?" He asked.

"Yes." I gulped.

     I fallowed him down the hallway and out the student housing building. We entered Grener hall and fallowed the main hall and stopped at the wall marking the end. He stopped just staring at the wall.

"Why are we stopped just staring at the wall?"

"Just quiet and watch." Was all he said.

     I did what he said, I just watched the wall. Out of nowhere an old looking elivator door appeared and opened. He walked into the elivator, leaving me with my mouth hanging open like some idoit completely consumed in awe.

"Step in please." He said, pulling me out of my state of amazement.

"How is this posible." I asked.

"The elivator runs on mystical energy. There is a full body scanner hidden in the wall only aloowing those with full clearance can access it." He relpyed in an almost smug way.

"Oh." Was all I said.

     The elivator stopped and the doors opened. My guide exited and I was instructed to fallow. The facility wasn't anything out of the ordinary. There was a large physical combat training room in the center with a balcony style walkway all around it's perimiter that contained open class rooms. There were two sets of stairs, one on either side of the combat zone to all access to the above classes. He led me to a hallway and stop to turn around and look at me.

"Your orientation will start in five minutes, it is in the third room to the right."

     After that he kept walking, went up a set of stairs and entered what looked like the main office that overlooked the entire complex.

     I fallowed his directions and walked down the halway and entered the third room to the right. It was an ordinary room with a few rows of chairs and a podium in the front center of the room. There were quite a few people already there. I recognized most of them, but never actually interacted with them before.

     I took a seat in the second row and sat down not knowing exactlly what to expect. A woman entered the room closing the door behind her, she had golden hair and was wearing a gray power suit.

     "Can everyone please take their seats. I'm sure you are all woundering why you were selected to become a member of the Pouvwa, the answer is simple really. You all show great potental and headed towards bright futures, we are simply here to show you how to make the best of them. You have all been selected to brighten the future, protect the good. You will be tested both mentally and physically, pushing yourself harder then you thought possible. You will learn how to use your unique abilities to their full potential, how to fight and protect yourself, and most importantly, you will become a force of good for the world.

     Your training will begin today. You will be broken up into classes by both lineage and abilities. We look forward to working with all of you. It is time to fulfil your destinies, good luck to you all."

     With that she left the room, and we were split into groups. Being made up of different bloodlines I was put into a group of people with a similar structure. Today we were to learn more about our heritage, and how we came to be what we are today. My first class was history about my vampire bloodlines.

     The class room resembled a college lecture room a few rows in a slight horseshoe shape, stacked on top of eachother like stairs. I found an empty seat on the left side of the room and took it.

    A man entered the room and put a bag down on the front desk.

"Hello, my name is Michale and I will be your instructor for all things vampire related."

I sighed, not excited in the least bit that I'll be taking yet another boring history class. Don't get me wrong, I love history but history doesn't change. How many times must we go over the same events?

   "You have all been told that you are desended from ancient and powerful blood lines that are classified into different groups such as vampire, shaman, and licanthrope but I'm here to make you fully understand what that means. This class will quickly go over the other blood lines but sense you all contain mainly, if not pure, vampire bloodlines. I just want to quickly review a few of the first year concepts with you." He stated. 

Michale pulled down a projector screen and started a power point.

     "We are all decended from different powerful bloodlines, the vampire line being the strongest. Each line started out the same way, savage and blood thirsty. Competing for untimate power. Over time they became more civilized and evolved." He said as he flipped through the slides, matching them up with the appropriated part of the lecture. "After many centuries of evolving two distinct groups, those who carried the bloodlines, and those who did not. Those people became normal humans. These new humans became fearful of these gifted individuals, creating horror stories about them and finding ways to kill them."

     He flipped to a slide with pictures of vampire during the 15th and 16th century, depicting what most people see when they think of vampires. I'm not talking about the sparkly twilight vampires, but the sun fearing, blood thirsty monsters.

     "Vampires started out as savage beasts that only thought about one thing, blood. Over time we learned how to control our thirst. We became more human, able to convey emotions. It has only been over the past few hundred years that we have truely become human. We can walk in the day light and no longer depend on blood for food. As you all know, we just simply absorb a persons energy either through physical contact, or just being in close proximity to another person."

     "Many show physical signs of vampirism. Sharpened and elongated canines, blood lust, irratation to sunlight, and being prone to nocturnal activities. We are also stronger and faster then the average human, and our senses are much more acute. Even though we no longer need to drink blood, the urge is still there. It's not strong enough to cause you to bit into a persons jugular, but you can feel the pull of the blood lust. You will also notice that you have a tendency of draining the batteries of your electronic devices. The power that runs through a battery is similar to that which is in a human but not as strong. It will give you a little pick-me-up, but you will not be able to survive off of it, you must be able to absorb some energy from a living person."

"It looks like that is all the time we have for today. Starting tomorrow we will be studying the evolution of the vampire at a more advanced level."

     I got up from my chair and walked out of the classroom. I looked at my new schedule. Great, looks like I have training next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I decided it was time to get off my lazy put and actually hit the publish button. Sorry about the long weight. I'm also sorry that this chapter is kinda blah, I'm just trying to set up the rest of the story and I thought that it was important for you to know whats going on. Also, sorry for the shortness.