Immortal Ones 5

“We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.” -Charles R. Swindoll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I was running down an allyway that wouldn't end, chasing after a blurry form.  I could feel my heart pounding and I felt the kind of freedom I only feel when I run. The adrenolin coursing through my veins, I was catching up to my prey; my target. I could smell his fear spiking, he knew his time was up. I knew that the only reason why I was still chasing him was because I wanted him to think that he had the slightest chance of escaping. I decided it was time to end his pathetic existance, I leaded over the building that seperated us and landed in front of him. A look of complete terror shot through him and I just laughed.

"Wwwwhhy?" was al he managed to squeek out before I shoved him up against the wall and began to take his life away. 

     He began to change, turning into different people, both young and old alike. Finally stopping as my sister. I pulled away imeadiatly, but I was to late. She was dead.

     Just then my alarm clock cut in, saving me from my nightmare. I knew it was more then just a dream. It was some higher power warning me of what I will become, and those that I will murder. The most frightening thing about it was that I felt no remorse, and the power that I had; all that power, it was simply intoxicating. 

     This is day one of my new training, and I'm not going to lie I am wicked scared, no scratch that. Terrified is more like it.

     There are some things that I wish I could change, but I can't. I wish I could A. turn back time and turn down my scholarship to this blasted school and B. change the fact that I'm going to become a cold blooded killer and a shell of a person.

     I rolled out of bed, not looking forward to was is to come. I heard a know at the door. I looked through the peep hole and opend the door, it was just some new instructor that I have never met before. 

"Miss. Belleflour I am here to take you to your new training facility, but first you must put on this uniform." The man said.

"Ok, just give me a minute." I took the uniform and shut the door.

     I unfolded the dark gray uniform. It reminded me of the uniforms that the kadets wore in Nikita, you know the re-remake version. come to think of it, my whole situation right now kinda reminds me of that show. Isn't it ironic how what you see on TV is closer to real life then you think. I put on my new uniform, I looked at myself in my floor length mirror. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still not great.

I heard a noise coming up from behind me. I went to go swing at it.

"Woah! Calm down there, why so jumpy. And why are you up so early?" Elena exclamened, dodging my punch.

"Holy crap Elena you scared me! Stickney put me in a new class which unfortunately means I have to get up and hour and a half earlier." I replyed.

"Ouch. That sucks."

"Tell me about it. Hey are you going to be able to wake up on time without me?" I teased.

"I think I'll manage."

"Well I have to go. See later... I think."

"Sure thing. Now go before you're late."

"Sense when are you worried about tardiness." I joked.