𝘼𝙙𝙖𝙢 𝘿𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧

As Adam and I sat in the waiting room of the adoption center, my knee shook, my hand bouncing along with it. Adam had his hands on my shoulders, squeezing them every so often.

You see, Adam and I have been trying to conceive our own baby for about six years now but I just can't do it so we went to this option, adopting a baby. We're waiting for our adoption agent, Melissa to bring our daughter out so we can take her home.

The things people say about adopting is true. I can barely stay on my seat and my nerves just keep racking up higher and higher.

"Hun, you're going to give yourself an anxiety attack, it's okay. She'll be in our arms before you know it." Adam leaned over, kissing my flustered cheek.

And it was as if he had read Melissa's mind because she followed behind a different agent who opened the door, and she walked our baby girl over to us.

A big smile on Melissa's face, she nodded towards Adam and me, joy beaming throughout her body.

She only fussed a bit when Melissa's passed her into my cradled arms, Adam's huge hand held the back of her head while we both smiled down at her.

"Y/n, Adam, this is Adaliya, your daughter."

She's beautiful. Dark chocolate skin, swivels of curls on top of her head, a light pink blanket wrapping her small body, chestnut eyes staring up at us, and the prettiest little smile as she cooed.

"Adam, she's perfect honey." I looked up, kissing his cheek.

"She really is." He kissed the top of my head before kissing Adaliya's head.

"Melissa thank you so much for this, you have no idea how much this means to us." I passed Adaliya to Adam and gave Melissa a warm hug.

"No problem you two. The rest of her things are right over there." she pointed " Along with her car seat. You can take her home whenever you're ready."

We gave Melissa one last thank you before starting Adaliya into her car seat and heading home.

Wc/355