Chapter 3 - The Summer.

Her Aunt and Uncle quickly moved them away from Privet drive into some place called 'Dursley Manor' as we settle in, helping set up the living room a weird creature appears.

"Mom" Dudley says worriedly as he gestures to the creature "what is that?"

Aunt Petunia chuckles lightly. "That dear is a House Elf."

"Me is Sipsy!" The elf says cheerfully, curiously Harriet walks over to Sipsy and pats her head.

"I like Sipsy!" She says happily as she looks to her Aunt who smiles at her.

"What are House elves?" Dudley asks curiously.

"House elves are a creature that helps us out around the home." Aunt Petunia says.

Harriet looks at Sipsy and then at her Aunt with a frown "am I a house elf?"

"No dear. I suppose when we were under that spell we did treat you like one though." Uncle Vernon says as he walks into the room.

"Are you treated nicely?" Harriett asks Sipsy.

"Sipsy is treated fine Miss."

"Potter." Aunt Petunia says with a small smile "You remember My sister and her husband yes Sipsy?"

The house elf smiles excitedly and claps "Miss potty! We's been waitin for You's to comes home!"

"At the Old Evans Manor we used to be required to do our chores with the house elves and it's a practice we would've adopted for you two as well had Dumbledore not messed with our memories." Aunt Petunia tells them as she sits on the couch.

"Are they slaves?" Harriett asks with a frown, she doesn't like that.

"Not here with our family's, no. For some they are. They're allowed to come and go as they please and they're never punished, they would be paid, but they won't accept it." Uncle Vernon says.

"Sipsy been taking care of the house while You's been gone!" Sipsy says happily "me knew you come back, the other elves left but sipsy knew you be back."

"I suppose we should buy you both brooms." Uncle Vernon says with a small hum.

"Why?"

"To learn how to ride a broom of course." Aunt Petunia says "Your mother Lilly didn't like to ride them but your father did Harriett."

"Yes, he had just gotten on the team when your Aunt graduated"

"What were my dad and mom like?"

"Well, they were definitely opposites." Uncle Vernon says with a laugh.

"Yes, even as a first year he was chasing after her. She, of course, was not very impressed with him."

By the time they went to sleep that night Harriett felt happier knowing about her parents, true things, not lies about them being drunks or useless. Just things about them.

Like how her mom had vibrant red hair and how her dad's hair was always way to messy.

A week later Uncle Vernon came home with brooms for them and plans to free her godfather from being wrongly imprisoned.

A godfather she didn't know about. Dudley and Harriett spent a lot of time playing around the property , if they weren't flying around on their brooms.

They also had chores to do with Sipsy and Mipsy around the house every morning, Aunt Petunia would also help with the cleaning while Uncle Vernon worked behind the scenes of things at the Ministry trying to get Dumbledore for what he did, but it's slow going or something.

"She Harriett, Dudley, while it may seem like your Great Uncle Tom was trying to do those things that's not what happened." Aunt Petunia tells us.

"Your Great Uncles Goal has always been to help those who come from those kinds of backgrounds like himself." Uncle Vernon says.

The summer went by very quickly for us,
"September 1st is coming up soon." Aunt Petunia tells us. "Make sure to pack up, don't forget your robes, your books or any of your supplies"

"Try not to let peeves give you a hard time when you arrive, he can be quite a good ally to have on the school grounds. He is also quite fond of giving out bad directions though." Uncle Vernon adds.

"If you plan on being sneaks make sure to try to stay out of the ghosts and the pictures too." Aunt Petunia adds.

. . ."so, can we go pack?" Dudley asks excitedly while Harriett bounces on her seat full of anticipation.

"Of course kids." Uncle Vernon says with a small chuckle. "Remember to pack everything you'll need."