an answer

Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun
---------------------------------

I stood nervously at his door. My palms are sweaty from all the fidgeting. It's his birthday, and there's no better day than today to give him the answer he's waiting for. 

I knew where he lived because he's called the cast over before. We've had a lot of moments with the cast in this apartment. Moments where we've all laughed and shared secrets. Moments that made us the close family that it did. Moments where he's looked at me with the rawest emotion of love. Moments where he's made small gestures to win me over without forcing it. It's the place where I truly learned about him outside the public view. It was the place where I took my favorite mental picture:  a view of him overlooking the Han River on his balcony, a glass of beer in his hand, laughing his infectious laugh. 

I don't really know when I fell for him. It seems like other people caught on before I did. I would be lying if I didn't have a crush on him. He was Kim Tan after all. I was crushing very hard on Kim Tan. Never did I think I'd have the opportunity to work with him. Part of me was a fangirl, but my insecurities always took the best of me. I'd think: would he like me? am I pretty enough? I knew the answers to these questions, but he brought out a new level of vulnerability in me that I haven't experienced before. 

He had expressed his plans to court me by the fifth month of shooting. He was gentle and kind, relentless, and yet gave me the autonomy to go on my own pace. The lines started to blur way before he expressed his intentions. Trying to hold hands. Shy looks. Shy laughs. Finding ways to feel a touch. Tight hugs and passionate kisses. It was all blatantly there. But I was afraid. 

There are some lines that cannot be crossed. Lines that might risk the career I've worked so hard build. It's not that I haven't had relationships before. I have, but I'm getting to a place where I feel like settling down. I feel like finding the one. I don't want to mess this up. 

I snap out of my thoughts as my phone buzzed with a message from Do-hwan. "Did you do it yet? If not, fighting!!" He's been such a great support. 

Finally, inhaling deeply trying to gather all the oxygen I can, I ring the doorbell. 

"Go-eunnie, what are you doing here?" Lee Min Ho says with that classic teethy smile across his face. 

"Um. Yes" 

"Yes?"

"My answer is yes" 

His eyes light up with mischief. 

"You know the word you need to add to make this complete...."

"Ya!" I yell back. I know what word he's talking about, so I take another deep breath and say: 

"Yes, I will date you, Min Ho oppa."

I watch him break into the biggest smile, as he pulls me closer and lifts me into a hug.

"Happy Birthday, I hope this was a good enough present for now."

"Are you kidding me? This is the only present I wanted. Nothing else will compare. I can't wait to start this journey with you," he replies as he nestles his face into my neck.