Chapter Twelve - Обвинять других

The author's note has some important things in there.

Blaming Others

Peter could hear the yelling from his room on his floor. He was sleeping before the yelling started, but was woken up somewhere in the middle of it. Peter couldn't see the end of whatever this yelling was about ending soon, so he did what any sleep-deprived assassin that had to wake up early to dump a body would do. He walked down six flights of stairs to the door outside of the Avenger's common room where the yelling was emitting from to tell them to shut the heck up. The worst part was that the yelling wasn't that loud. His hearing was only fixated on the only thing he could hear in the otherwise quiet tower.

Like the true common sense dumbass he was, he didn't listen to what the yelling was about before walking in.

"Shut the hell up!" Peter said loudly as he walked into the room.

Loki was stoic and leaning against the wall. Steve's face was red with anger, Natasha looked as if she knew more than she was saying, Bruce looked conflicted, Wanda and Scott looked like they could use some popcorn Thor was angry, and Tony, Clint, and Sam all looked in desperate need of sleep. Vision was the only one unaccounted for as Rhodey was on an undercover op.

Steve looked at Peter, "Peter go back to bed. This does not involve you!" Steve yelled before turning back to face Loki.

"Considering I can't get any sleep because your yelling is so damn loud, I'd say it's everybody on the block's business!" Peter said as he crossed his arms.

"I'm not yelling loud enough for any of them to stick their nose in Avenger's business," Steve said as he turned to Peter with nothing but anger in his eyes.

"Don't say anything,"

"Don't worry. I won't be here long to stick my nose in 'Avenger's business' for much longer," Peter said masking the sting he felt deep down.

"Shut the hell up before they try and play tag along,"

"What does that mean?" Tony asked as he perked up.

"Don't worry about it," Peter said, "What is all the damn yelling about? I need my beauty sleep," Peter said coldly.

"Why don't you tell him, Loki? Since you're the disgusting one who did it," Steve seethed.

"Why thank you, your ass highness," Loki bowed, "For giving me the chance to talk to my nephew."

"Loki tortured and killed someone," Steve cut him off out of bitterness.

"What makes you think Loki did anything?" Peter asked.

"He didn't deny it," Thor said. It was quiet. It was quiet for a loud Asgardian such as Thor. It was as if he was struggling. He did not know whether to be disappointed or angry.

"Did you think maybe he could be protecting someone?" Peter asked curiously.

"Come on, Petey. You know these buffoons don't have enough brain cells for that,"

"It was worth a try," Peter mumbled quietly.

"Peter," Loki tried but Peter had already had enough of other people or Asgardians, taking the fall for him

"Was it? Was it really?"

"Like who?" Sam asked sleepily.

"Like me for instance," Peter said simply.

Steve looked confused and Tony's face softened, "What reason could you have for doing that?" Tony asked.

"I take it I did well trusting you with my secret?" Peter's head cocked to the side as he looked to Natasha. As if she had committed identity theft, everyone spun around to look at her. Natasha gave nothing away as she only nodded, "James, or Bucky as most of you know him, is missing. Well, he isn't missing, I know who has him and she gave me the, very generalized, very large, area."

"What's stopping you?" Scott asked.

"So what you guys care now or something?" Peter crossed his arms.

"We've always cared Peter," Bruce said.

"You sure do have a funny way of showing it,"

"I don't know what base he is on. Wisconsin has 13 bases which is the most out of any other US state. I've narrowed it down to about 5 just out of capability, but I can't narrow it down any further without access from a Hydra computer," Peter unknowingly spoke in Russian, "Why do you all look so confused?"

"You weren't speaking in English, little spider," Natasha smiled.

"Damn, it's been a year since I've had a language slip," Peter said.

"Well, what did you say?" Wanda asked.

"I don't know what specific base he's on and I can't find out until I can hack directly into a Hydra server or access one from a device that is physically connected to it," Peter explained.

"Okay let's fix that," Tony said as he nodded to assure himself.

"It's not that easy," Peter said.

"We get you into a Hydra base. You do your hacky tech thing and bam we find out where your husband and my best friend is," Steve said.

"Yeah, uh, there aren't any bases like the one Wanda came from there. They are almost all high tech and heavily guarded by guards who will die trying to protect their cause," Peter said.

"So we find the weakest link and attack," Tony said.

"Oh no, we're going to die,"

IMPORTANT:

No more Wednesday updates from now on! Only Saturdays.

I have a new book that is going to take the Wednesday slot. It's titled Drowning (subject to change). It currently has the Info published.

It is not a WinterSpider book, however. Though it is Peter Parker and it's set in high school, so goooo, check it ooouuut. I like the format over there much more than my current format so checkitoutplease.

Okay Imma stop begging now and let you go on with your day

Update: Life fucking sucks sometimes.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 | WinterSpider |  [𝟑] ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara