-¿A canine killed him then? –I asked- Maybe I'm wrong but.. ¿isn't that a scalpel wound?

I looked at them both waiting for an answer. Grissom raised an eyebrow and looked at me through his glasses.

-You are not wrong –Dr. Robbins explained- Whoever removed this guy's organs knew how to handle one.

-So a dog killed him, then someone came along and cut him up.

-Someone with two legs and a medical degree –Grissom ended.

***

After finishing the autopsy, Grissom took care of the bite mold while he told me to go back to the crime scene and help my colleagues. When I arrived, most of the police were gone, but the area was still cordoned off. I crossed the tape and followed the markers that Nick and Warrick had put until I found them. I could hear them grumbling.

-¿Do you need help? –I laughed as I walked towards them

-Yes, I do –Nick pointed his gun and then pointed at his neck- Two in the back of the head. Quick and painless.

Warrick and I laughed.

-I guess Grissom called and told you what you should be looking for.

-Collect the dog's scat –Warrick nodded- This is combat duty.

Suddenly, we heard a thunder and seconds later it started to rain.

-¡This sucks! –Nick yelled frustrated.

-¿But it's evidence, right? –I asked them.

-No, hair and fiber is evidence, Laura.

Warrick saw something so we leaned for a closer look.

-Don't even waste your time, that's cougar.

-¿How do you figure that?

-¿See the rabbit hair in the feces? –Nick shined the flashlight on it- ¿Don't you remember the seminar, Warrick? ¿Julie?

-Julie.. –Warrick remembered- Oh.. a CSI should not be that fine.

Nick chuckled meanwhile I rolled my eyes and continued looking around the area. I saw something behind them, so I reached out and picked it up.

-¿What is that?

-Looks like dirty ice.

-Let's take it into evidence.

-It's evidence of a picnic, Warrick –Nick said in a frustrating way.

Back at the trace lab, the three of us were working with the evidence of the case. Warrick passed us the jars and labeled them meanwhile Nick and I were looking through the microscope examining the dog scat collected at the park.