Chapter 2: His Long Awaited Leave

Start from the beginning

Since he got injured from an encounter two months ago, he wasn't able to move his left arm properly. He's still seeing his therapist and he had an agreement with his parents and their superintendent Thomas, that he can only go back to Seoul PD once he fully recovers. But that doesn't  keep him from visiting their headquarters. He misses the action and staying inside his apartment is like living in hell for a him especially now that everyone's busy and he's not. Good thing, her girlfriend visits him from time to time coz if not, he'd be dying out of envy to James who's now living next-door with Samantha.

Yes. He's now alone in his apartment while there's a couple next door.

''Aisht, really!'' he stomped his feet and stood up as he fished his phone from his pocket using his right hand.

''Aigoo... Why isn't she picking up?'' He looked at his phone's screen in wonder.

 *******

**...INCHEON AIRPORT, 3:30 PM**

''Couz J!!!'' Charlotte ran towards a man in a black trench coat over a checkered polo and blue pants. He immediately took off his shades upon recognizing the girl who's headed towards his way.

''Charlotte!!!'' the man let go of his luggage and opened his arms wide and stopped midway, waiting for the girl to crash into him.

''Waaaah! I told you it's  Charlz!!!'' Charlotte said and lightly slapped the man's arm. ''Welcome back to Seoul!'' she beamed at the man widely.

''Aigoo... I still prefer you to be our little baby Charlotte.'' the man then pinched the cheeks of the girl. ''Yeah... I missed Seoul... It's been a while.'' He said as he looked out of the glass paneled walls of the airport before turning back to her with a smile.

''Yeah! I almost didn't notice you... If not for that handsome smile you got there on your face. God damn it! We really have good genes!'' Charlotte proudly said. ''Yah, tell me, do you have a girlfriend now? Are you settling down already? Aigoo...''

''Silly. I am not and I don’t even have a girlfriend right now. You know we work hard in U.S.. Besides, I don't want to disappoint mom and dad.''

''Aigoo, don't tell me you're here because of business? Seriously now!!! Give yourself a break.'' Charlotte stepped back and crossed her arms over her chest.

The man just smiled at the girl. How long has it been since he last set foot on this place? But no… Right now all he wants is to surprise his cousin once he works with her.

''I heard SB & Co's doing well in the fashion industry?' How are the girls? Teddy and Se7en?'' he asked as he draped an arm around her and pulled his luggage as they walked towards the exit.

Charlotte grinned before turning her face to him. ''I skipped a meeting this afternoon,''

''Yah! I told you you don't have to fetch me!''

''Let's surprise them!'' she suggested.

''Huh?''

''Let's go out tonight!''

The man thought for a while. 2 decades... No. Twenty one years to be exact since their family flew to U.S. where he continued his studies. He earned himself a business degree since it is a must in their family but later on he was allowed to follow his heart’s desire… and he finally became a professional photographer.

His mom is Charlotte's dad's older sister, making him and Charlotte first cousins to be exact. He used to be schoolmates with Teddy and Se7en, just two batches lower in an exclusive school for boys. Li's, the Griffin's and the Park's... and the Kim's years and years ago were known to be really close clans. During their childhood days, his parents along with Charlotte's would take him to parties held at the Parks' mansion. There he met Brooklyn, and Misty... And a shy little girl so unusual he would never forget her even he just saw her a few times before.