A sulking and a new word

Start from the beginning

"Look Bella, we are only going to go around in circles. I don't want to have this conversation in front of the entire student body. Please just leave me be, you can do it at home so please just continue to ignore my presence here." Veronica did not allow Bella to say anything back knowing they were once again only going to have the exact same argument with slightly different words and therefore stood from the table giving her two friends a look to tell them she would be fine if they stayed behind and headed outside the cafeteria and towards the grassy field outside. Somewhere she knew her sister would not come out and sit. 

Veronica walked past the initial outdoor seating and towards the football field. She ignored the dark clouds of which hung over the field and the small whipping of wind as the weather seemed to start to respond and adjust to match her own emotions. She took a seat upon the stands and went to fish out her mobile from her pocket. She shuffled through the contacts wondering just who she could ring up and vent to before settling on the one contact she should have known she would call from the moment she stepped outside. She paused for a second before clicking call, intending to rack her own brain to try and work out whether he would still be on lunch break, the two schools having slightly differentiating schedules, before determining she did not care either way and clicking call. 

"Hey Buttercup, is everything okay?" Jake's voice was on the quieter side as first accompanied by some shuffling, a sign that perhaps he was still not on lunch break. 

"I need to vent, Bella is being herself again." Veronica whined a little as she spoke, a slight opposite to the anger fuelled vent she usually went on the moment he picked up. 

"You don't sound so angry Vero." Jake mused and Veronica felt the slight anger she felt vanish like the seal it had been before she was slammed by her true emotions, the shame she felt for being blown up on in the middle of the school, the sadness that her sister was blaming her for things having gone wrong and just how tired she was. 

"Yeah... I'm not that angry. I just... I don't know anymore. I'm so over everything I know my sister isn't well and I feel like such a bad person for this but I just want her to either get better or go back to Mom." Veronica's voice broke a little as she spoke. She could feel the tears as they gathered and she braced herself for the fact that she was going to cry.

"Oh Veronica." Jake paused "Do you want me to come and get you. You're absolutely shattered babe. You need some sleep, some proper sleep and not an hour here and there." Veronica wanted to argue with him, say that he was wrong but she knew it, and he knew it. Jake was right, what she needed right now was sleep and one of his hugs. The tight ones which made her feel so safe and calm. Things she did not feel now. 

"Yeah." She agreed. "Yeah I need you Jake." Her words were not muffled as she spoke and were spoke carefully. 

"Okay Buttercup, I'm grabbing my stuff and I'll be with you in like 15-20 minutes. Text your dad and get your things." Jake instructed and Veronica gently rubbed at the bottom of her eyes as she caught the few stray tears that had fallen during their conversation. 

"Thank you, I owe you."

"You never owe me. I'll be with you shortly." Jake hung up before Veronica could say anything more and she put the phone away before taking a moment to move forward. Veronica rested her hands upon her knees and dropped her head down in an attempt to collect her thoughts and regain control over her emotions. But she knew it was not possible. Rather she intended to head back inside to her own locker to collect the rest of her items and then leave. She would work out how she would get her car home later. That was not important at this current moment in time. 

20 minutes later just like he had promised, Veronica caught eye of Jake's truck pulling into the front of the school. The rusty vehicle was running better than her own car but it wasn't exactly doing well. But it would be her carriage taking her away from it all just for a little while. And the sight of it was enough to bring her just a speckle of joy. Veronica watched as not one but two figures jumped out from the cab of the truck. And when she approached she was able to clearly see who the second figure was.