A sulking and a new word

Start from the beginning

The household wide lack of a decent night of sleep, was becoming more and more noticeable to the people around them. Veronica had started to take to her lunch time breaks more of a nap period than time to actual eat and socialise. She found it necessary to sleep during this time otherwise she would fear that not only would she not have enough energy to participate in the sport she loved so much, but to then go and pick the infant up from nursery. Two of the team would often stand guard whilst she slept to ensure that whilst they could they would ensure she got as much uninterrupted sleep as she possibly could. The two guards from her team to protect her one fateful Wednesday were Mable Webber and Nicola Rice. Mable had been veronica's only friend at school prior to her joining the softball team, the pair joined the team together and were as close then as they were now. Mable was one of the few members of the team to have met Matthew as well, the girls bonded closely enough that she felt as though her friend would have wanted to meet the baby. And Mable had grown to be as protective of Matthew as she was of Veronica, something the girl would be forever grateful for. Nicola Rice, was not exactly a member of the softball team, but more of a personal friend to most of the team and therefore just bundled in with them even if she did not play the sport. Nicola was the only 'real' young mother of their school year having given birth to her daughter a few months prior. She had been adamant on getting to know Veronica, and in part Matthew and the pair had grown closer as they both worked out just how to care for a baby. And despite her guards best effort it would appear that Veronica's daily lunch time nap could not go uninterrupted. For a very familiar screech of a shout awoke her only 10 minutes after she had finally managed to dose off.

"Veronica." Bella's voice bounced across the canteen, loud enough that it would draw everyone's attention.

"Bella, what's wrong?" Veronica tried to keep her cool and remain collected despite the harsh awakening. 

"It is all your fault he left me. You and that stupid baby." Veronica rolled her eyes at Bella's words this was not an uncommon argument between the two sisters, though it was the first time it had been brought up in front of a crowd and at school. 

"Perhaps we could talk away from prying ears? You know my answer to this statement Bella from the last three times we've had this conversation." Veronica went to stand from the table determined to get the familiar argument over and done with. 

"No. I've had enough of you dodging the question and refusing to take responsibility. Edward left me because of you. Because of that stupid child of yours." If Bella was a cartoon character, Veronica was sure her head would be bright red and steam would be flowing from her ears from just how mad she seemed. She chose to ignore Bella referring to Matthew as Veronica's child, she was used to it by now. And she had come to terms that she would probably be the mother figure to the infant for the rest of her life. And for some reason, she had no issue against that not had she ever really.

"Matthew and I had nothing to do with them leaving. Please listen to yourself Bella. I barely interacted with him. Yet alone bringing my son around him." Veronica rolled her eyes again, wanting more than anything for the conversation to be over and to go back into dream land. 

"This has everything to do with both of you. And it's your fault you couldn't keep things to yourself." This was new information, Veronica had no clue what Bella was indicating this time around, therefore she chose to ignore it putting it down to her sisters poor mental state at the present. Hoping that when Bella was better that they could sit down and have a proper conversation to clear the air. Veronica had nothing to do with the Cullens, when they were in Forks or whilst they were leaving and she knew that Bella was just looking for someone to blame unable to understand why they had left. And to her own, stupid, judgement she was allowing Bella to place that blame on her.