The new term and another disappearance

Start from the beginning

"No Edwards going to pick me up. Are you okay for a lift Veronica?" Bella replied and Veronica felt her eyes widen in shock as she took a second to wonder as to why her sister would offer her a lift. Their relationship was not good, but this could be seen as a way that the older girl was reaching out to try to improve it. And Veronica was a sucker for TV like relationships and found herself almost compelled to agree. But she knew she had other things to sort out. 

"I would love to take up the offer another time, but it's also the first day back at nursery for Matty and I have to do his paperwork." Veronica shrugged as she spoke as if it wasn't a big deal. Before checking the time. She held herself back from saying anything she did not want Matthew to repeat before standing from the table. 

"I am running so late." She grumbled before rushing back upstairs to throw together her backpack, having been only slightly happy she had decided to pack Matthew's bag for the nursery the night prior. She zoomed back down the stairs and to the kitchen stopping to collect Matthew and press a gentle kiss to her father's cheek before they were out the door. The paperwork for Matthew this time around would take just a little longer as the nursery required Veronica to sign for the changes made to his emergency contact system. They had sorted it so that Bella no longer had anything to do with the nursery unless it had been directly stated by either Veronica or Charlie. Just because they could not guarantee that Bella would actually follow through with the promises made or responsibilities otherwise. 

Luckily, the first day of school and the few that followed seemed to go okay for Veronica. She no longer was a talking point within the large gossip community with her 'pregnancy' and young mom status no longer being something that was pressing and new. People would still give her the occasional dirty glare or judgmental look but she found it easy to ignore them otherwise. After all, the people who she wanted to know the truth did so, and the others well high school did not last forever. And yes it was a small town, and many of them were probably never going to leave it but in a few years time she was sure it would be their turn to be the talking point of the town gossip. And the talking point of the town rather than the high school seemed much worse in Veronica's own opinion. 

On the Thursday, was Bella's 18th birthday. Something that the older girl had wanted to keep incredibly quiet, something she wanted nobody outside of the family to know about. For reasons unspecified. Therefore, Veronica and Charlie chose to allow Bella to spend her birthday doing whatever she wanted knowing she would object to anything the family wanted to do with her anyways. They had been informed she would be spending the evening with Edward anyways. Veronica rather spent time trying to work out what she would get her sister. Being Irish twins and only 11 months apart, Veronica thought it would be easy for her to work out what she could get her sister for her birthday. But it was much, much harder than she had expected and eventually she had given up turning to Renee for assistance. Because no matter how many months Bella had lived with them, Veronica did not feel as though she knew her sister enough in order to actually know what to get her. Therefore, when  informed that the parents were working together to buy the girl a camera for her 18th, she decided she would buy her a case to go along with it. After all, it was not like Veronica had a lot of spare cash she could willingly drop on Bella's birthday present. Any money she had spare or she earnt at her part-time job went straight onto Matthew as she found herself struggling to say no when he wanted something or when she saw something she thought he would like. 

It was a shame to come to the realisation that Bella would continue to give bother Veronica, and their father false hope that she wanted to spend time around them and have a relationship with them before breaking the charade just days later. But it was a necessary one for both Veronica and Charlie if they wanted to remain sane whilst the girl lived under their roof. But as long as neither of their names were Edward Cullen, they were not going to have any sibilance of a relationship with Bella. It hurt but it was the reality they were faced with, and a reality they would have to make peace with at some point in the near future.