Would you come with me to New York ?

Start from the beginning

"Jane..... Don't let him get to you. He probably said that because he hasn't seen how happy Sam and you are, but I have, and let me tell you that I have never seen such sparkle in your eyes. You are happy and don't let that jackass ruin it for you." Jane nodded and sighted.

"The thing is I don't know where I am with Sam. He send me a  text, it said that he wanted to ask me something. I mean it could be anything but .... I'm nervous."

"Honey, If that man is gonna ask you anything, it won't be bad. Your overreacting." Trisha told her with a dismissive tone. Maybe she was overreacting; it probably wasn't bad at all.

"Well I gotta go, I wanna cook dinner before he gets there and probably take a shower. Thank you for listening, I don't what I would do without you."

"You would go insane." Trisha said with a laugh.

"I probably would." Jane moved closer and pulled Trisha into a hug.

.....

Jane drove home and was surprised when she found Sam standing in her doorstep.

"Sam." She said as she got out of the car. She watched him  turn around and look at her smiling; she knew that whatever he asked her, they would be okay.

"Hey." She standded on her tippy toes and kissed him. She pulled away smiling and still in his embrace.

He was smiling back and for the first time she noticed he was holding two bags.

"What's the bag for ?" She tried leaning over to look into it but he moved it away not wanting her to look in.

"It's a surprise ......and you'll get it depending how this talk goes."

"Okay now I'm really curious." She said. And moved forward slightly dancing as she unlocked her door. He placed his hands on her waist trying to calm her down. She slightly laughed and pushed the door open.

"Give me a second while I put this in the kitchen." He said motioning to one of the bags in his hand. She slowly nodded and smiled watching him walk to the kitchen.

"Come on. Let's go to my bedroom." Jane threw her purse to the side and took his hand leading him into her bedroom once he came back.

"Yeah. We're going into the bedroom." Sam said in a playful tone.

"Your so dumb." She laughed and sat on the bed. He went and sat next to her setting the bag down in the floor.

"Jane......" He took her hands and kissed both before continuing." Earlier I told you I would like to ask you something."

"Hm hmm"

"Well.....I wanted to ask you if you would like to come to New York with me. My son  ,Pierce,is graduating and I would love if you would come  with me. And maybe you could meet my children."

Jane was expressionless before he saw a smile slowly rising." I would love to. And it would be a pleasure to meet your children."

Jane slipped her hands out of his and took his face in them. She smiled before pulling him into a kiss. The kiss was sweet and both felt their love in it.

As soon as they pulled away Sam looked away and picked up the bag putting it in between them. "Okay so I bought you these things. And I hope you like them."

"Sam.....you did-" Sam leaned over and kissed her lips briefly silencing her in the instant.

"It's not a crime to spoil my woman once in a while. "She giggled and smiled nodding. Indicating him to continue. Out of the bag he pulled a box and smiled. He set the bag aside for a little and opened the box with both hands.