cheater pt. 1

i pushed and squirmed amongst the crowd of seniors huddled up in the hall to reach the double doors and once i did, i exhaled a heavy breath that i didn't know i was holding in. exams were right around the corner and i wasn't even near prepared for stress that came with it.
"babyyy," there was a light tug on my backpack and i turned around. it was my boyfriend, mattia. the weight i had been carrying on my chest suddenly lifted at hearing his voice. we'd been together for about 2 years now and i'm still able to clearly remember the day he asked me to be his. mattia invited me to one of his soccer games and it happened in the middle of the field. his team mates and crowd gathered around us to listen and of course i said yes. we went to grab some frozen yogurt right after. both of us are very happy, at least from what he thinks.
"what are you doing this evening? my parents have a business meeting which means i'm gonna be home alone." before i got a chance to respond, i caught a glimpse of a short, light-haired boy walking our way and my heart began to race. i hope he's not coming over here.
unfortunately, he was.
"hey," kairi looked me up and down paying absolutely no mind to the presence of my boyfriend, "your mom wanted me to walk home with you-"
"i can walk with her," mattia interrupted, visibly angry at kairi. they were both friends but had their moments every once and a while.
kairi lifts his hands up in the air as if resisting from something, "whatever you say man." he walks away and mattia steps in front of me, blocking my way.
"why do you still talk to him?"
"for god sakes mattia. his family's close to mine and they come over often, so i kinda have to. i explained this to you already, why are you so worked up?"
"i'm sorry, he's just...weird." mattia lifts an eyebrow and i walk around him, eager to get home.
"we should go, my mom's most likely gonna spam me with calls soon."
we laugh and i pull him by the arm.
~time skip~
mattia and i arrive at my house and i face him.
"about what you asked me earlier, i don't think my mom is gonna be okay with it. she gave me an entire lecture yesterday for not doing any chores." that was a lie.
he looks into my eyes and tilts his head, "it's alright." mattia gives me a warm smile and hug before walking me up to my front door and in that very moment i was filled with contrite for having lied to him. it's not like i was gonna call out his name and explain that what i said wasn't true.
upon entering i see my mother. "hey mom."
"finally! i was starting to worry," she exclaims while holding a spatula in one hand and her phone in the other, staring at me with wide eyes.
"mom you don't have to worry about me, you asked kairi to walk me home."
"kairi? but you usually walk home with mattia."
"what?" i ask confused, thinking back to what kairi had told me right before mattia cut him off. my moms phone startled the both of us as it began to ring and she picked up, focusing on something other than the conversation we were just having. thank god.
i ran upstairs into my room and let my backpack fall off my shoulders onto the floor. i say on by bed and immediately pulled my phone out of the pocket of my hoodie to send kairi a message.
y/n: hey?
kairi: yes?
y/n: why'd you say mom wanted you to walk me home?
kairi: i wanted to talk to you, i miss you.
y/n: stop bullshitting 😭 i already told you we can't do this anymore, mattia's gonna find out.
kairi: and what made you change your mind all of a sudden? you weren't backing out that night you snuck me in 😏
y/n: that was once.
kairi: and i'm down to do it again.
"oh my god," i half-yell and look up to see my mom standing at my doorway.
"are you okay honey?" she questions me, concerned.
"y-yeah."
it was clear by her facial expressions that she knew i was lying, but didn't question me any further and proceeded to sit down on the chair alongside my bed.
"kairi's mom invited me over for dinner this saturday and asked for you and dad to join us," my mother says causing me to freeze in my spot. i knew i had to play normal or else she'd suspect something.
"oh...this saturday?"
"yes, why? is there something you had planned that night? if you'd like, mattia can tag along so you won't be so bored," she laughs.
my muscles become less tense. i genuinely did not want to go but i knew my mom would be upset with me if i didn't. maybe i'd feel better if mattia went.
"n-no, i don't have anything planned. so you're sure i can take mattia with me?"
my mom smiles, "if that's what you want, of course. just make sure to dress somewhat presentable, i know you like wandering around in all those baggy clothes you have."
i jokingly roll my eyes as my mom walks out of my room gently closing the door behind her and i grab my phone from where i had set it beside me.
y/n: mattiaaa
mattia: what is it now?
y/n: can you come with me to kairi's this weekend?
our families are having dinner together and i don't wanna go alone :(
mattia: you didn't even have to ask y/n you know i'll go.
-
word count: 987