sleepover pt. 1

i was laying in bed scrolling through social media, being that there was really nothing else to do. this was how i usually spent my saturday nights, either in bed or on the couch munching. i got an imessage notification and quickly clicked on it when i saw that it was from my close friend, mattia.
him and i have been friends for about 2 years now. we're always together and go out on ice cream dates after school, but of course, as friends. i never told him this, but i've had feelings for him for quite a awhile. i'm really good at hiding them though, so i don't think he's noticed.
mattia: hey
i could feel the butterflies in my stomach.
y/n: hey!
mattia: are you busy rn? 🥺
y/n: noo
        you know i'm always in bed
mattia: okay good, come over!
y/n: right now? it's kinda late 🥴
mattia: sleepover you idiot 😒
y/n: righttt lmao
        yeah sure
mattia: alr hurry up i'm bored
after that last message, i tossed my phone onto the bed and freaked out for a bit, sinking into my thoughts.
sleepover? why now? i've been over to his house but never once slept over.
my phone dinged again.
mattia: do you want me to pick you up?
y/n: yes please 🥺
mattia: alr i'll be there in 15
"oh shit i need to hurry."
i began packing my belongings and hurriedly threw on some gray sweats and a hoodie, his hoodie. he let me borrow it last week and i forgot to give it back. the item was plain gray and had a white nike logo embroidered into it. inside was fuzzy and warm, which was my favorite thing about it.
mattia: im outside hurry up.
without wasting any more time, i swiftly threw my bag over my shoulder and proceeded downstairs, exiting out and locking the front door before walking away towards mattia's car.
from where i was, i could see him resting against the car seat with his phone in his hands. i became so nervous at the sight of him.
my hand made its way to the handle of the car door and opened it, causing mattia to look up at me, then at my outfit.
he smiled, the light from his phone making his eyes slightly sparkle, "nice hoodie."
"thank you", i said.
we exchanged a few words on the ride to his house including him asking me if i wanted to get some food. i tried to deny, not wanting to make him waste money on me, but he wouldn't take no for an answer.
we pulled up to a nearby mcdonalds and ordered food, both getting what we usually order.
"see, i knew you were hungry", he laughed as i pulled out a fry from inside the brown bag.
"shut up", i jokingly rolled my eyes and chewed.
~time skip~
we arrived at mattia's house. i got out of the car and followed him inside.
"let's go eat in my upstairs", he said while dragging me through the hallway.
the mess in his bedroom caught me off guard.
"damn mattia, do you not clean in here?", my eyes wandered around his room.
i heard a laugh escape him.
"what do you mean bruh, my room always looks like this", he shot back at me.
"whatever", i took his food out of the bag and handed it to him, taking mines out right after.
"i haven't ate mcdonalds since a long time", mattia exclaimed, "i forgot how the burgers tasted."
i couldn't hold in my giggle, "don't worry, i haven't either."
about 30 minutes went by and we were finally finished with our food. he hopped onto his console while i laid in bed next to him, texting and viewing a few people's snapchat stories.
"are you fucken serious", i jumped a little when he started talking, it was so quiet before, "i was about to win!"
"chill bro", mattia stared at me as if he hadn't noticed that i was right next to him this whole time. he removed his headset and placed it on the counter, along with his controller.
the butterflies in my stomach went crazy again when i realized his full attention was now on me.
fuck i should've stayed quiet.
-
there's gonna be a part 2 which is where things start to escalate, probably not as long as this one tho. if you have any feedback, please feel free to comment. :)
word count: 749