She bit her lower lip, thinking back to all she had done wrong and everything she wished she could take back. "Can I walk out of the elevator?" She asked, hoping to diminish the distance between them.

"No." Yeji said, still standing at the door of what Ryujin assumed to be her bedroom. It was far too distant from where she was for the younger girl to see into the room. Nor that she was trying to. "You may stay there."

"Fine." She sighed, pressing the bridge of her nose. "I don't know why or if people hate you. All I know about such subject is what you've told me yourself. But I shouldn't have said those words to you. It was way out of line of me to say such thing to you. It's not my place to judge you for how others feel about you nor to throw it on your face. I should never have done it." She admitted, unconsciously finding herself frowning slightly.

Yeji only stared, her expression seemed frozen but it might have been due to the distance between them. She wished they were closer so she could see the details in her face.

"It was wrong of me to presume you're the type of person who would pursue or be interested in my younger sister." She took a moment to collect her thoughts and feelings. The next words would surely be something that would shift their relationship because it was something that Ryujin would rarely feel, let alone admit to doing so. In fact, she can't think of another time where she had felt such an intense feeling of jealousy. "I was jealous. That's the truth." She let out a deep breath.

"What?" It was barely audible but she thought that was what the girl said. The distance made it difficult for her to hear the word clearly enough.

"I was jealous." She repeated. "I can't think of another time when I felt such feeling. At least not this intensively. Honestly, I got carried away by my emotions and acted childishly. It was wrong of me to do so, I'll admit. I suppose that seeing you treat Yuna well when all you have done has been push me aside and dismiss my existence only made me wish I was in her place. Maybe I too wanted some words from you once in a while, or to be seen by you. Anything, really."

"That doesn't give you the right to assume such things about me."

"I know. I hope to make it up to you somehow, if you'll allow me."

Yeji didn't speak, she was simply staring at her with an unreadable expression that she was having trouble deciphering.

"If that keeps you from getting out of that elevator, sure. Do whatever you want."

Ryujin hadn't realized she was smiling until a second later, biting her lower lip to erase it completely from her face. "You have yourself a deal, Hwang Yeji." The younger girl winked playfully, hoping the other would take it lightly. Watching as the older girl rolled her eyes.

"You're treading the hatred waters, Shin. Don't dive in."

"Noted. No more winks for you."

"Good."

"Great."

"Now leave my floor."

"Oui, madame."

Yeji looked slightly annoyed again, closing the door as Ryujin allowed for the elevator doors to begin closing. Feeling much lighter from all the negative feelings she had felt being lifted off of her.

As she arrived downstairs, Ryujin quickly made her way to where Yuna had been. Wanting to tell her about how her apology had gone and receiving high praise from her younger sibling. Who seemed particularly proud of her in that moment.

"Can I ask you something?" Yuna seemed weirdly hesitant to do so, making her worry about the question that would be following but she nodded nonetheless.

"Are you interested in Yeji?"

Ryujin hesitated to give her an answer, wondering exactly what that word meant in that context.

"It's just that I have never seen you so bothered by someone."

She hummed, it was something she could hardly deny, that she was indeed bothered by Yeji. In more than one way.

"I know I said that I was okay with an arranged marriage no matter who I ended up with but, I suppose part of me keeps wanting to at least have a friendship with the person I marry. Yeji makes such thing seem impossible, most of the time." She stated, as if it was a matter of fact. "What I feel is not so much interest but earning for a connection between us. Any connection. I don't want us to be complete strangers who happen to be married."

Yuna nodded along, seemingly agreeing with her point of view. "I hope that you two can find a way to stop being strangers." She offered, placing a soft hand on her shoulder and smiling. "I'm sure even the Hwang Yeji can't resist the Shin charm for long."

With a smirk on her face, she felt a wave of newfound confidence crashing in. Partially due to Yeji's acceptance of Ryujin's hope to make it up to her, and partially due to Yuna's encouraging words. "I'll be happy if she ever treats me the way she treats you."

"You'll get there. Nothing good comes without hard work, isn't that so?"

Ryujin hummed, smiling widely as she messed up her sister's hair. Causing her to yell at her and pout.