"i'm not really sure," the boy mumbled. he had locked eyes with the girl and took in a sharp breath, the silence painfully deafening. "yeah i dunno. i'll just.. i'm just gonna-" he turned back, placing his hand on the door.

"no it's okay," riley blurted. "you can sit." she softly patted the spot next to her on the bed.

the blonde hesitated for a moment before slowly walking over to the other side of the room and sitting on the edge of the mattress. carefully laying his back down on the comforter, he turned his head to the side so he could face her. riley sighed as she stared into his blue eyes before looking back up at the ceiling.

"couldn't sleep?" she asked.

"no, not really."

the two teens just laid there in complete stillness, both not threatening to speak a word.

it had been one hell of a night and now riley had ended up lying in a bed with the boy she swore, just a few months ago, she would never talk to again.

"i'm sorry," riley whispered, breaking the quietness between them.

"what?" the boy turned to the girl with confusion painted on his features.

"for what i said the other day," riley began, "when you came here."

"oh that, pshh," jj said. "no big deal."

"i just wanted to make sure i told you," riley continued, "that i was sorry."

"well i'm sorry for slamming your door."

riley let out a soft laugh, and bit the inside of her cheek to suppress the smile growing on her face. "i didn't mean what i said," she mumbled after a few moments of quietness.

"which part?" jj questioned.

"all of it i guess," riley mumbled.

riley played with the rings on her fingers as silence engulfed the room once again. what she didn't know however, was that jj was doing the same thing right next to her.

"i guess i should head back to my room now," jj said, sitting up from the bed and standing onto his feet.

"jj" riley said.

"yeah?"

"do you uh... do you mind..." riley breathed out, looking down at her hands. "do you mind unzipping my dress for me. i just.. i can't exactly get it myself." she honestly hated asking him, but she had no other way of getting the dress off without tearing it and it was beginning to get uncomfortable.

"i was gonna ask why you still had it on," the boy let out a small chuckle before walking back over to the girl who had now stood up next to the bed. she turned her back to him and lifted her hair up and out of the way.

jj hesitantly pinched the zipper between his thumb and pointer finger and dragged it down until it stopped at the brunette's lower back. the two stood there unmoving and wordlessly until jj, without thinking, lowered his head and pressed his lips onto the girl's shoulder.

riley's breath hitched at the contact but didn't say anything, even as he pressed two more kisses onto her skin before his lips reached the base of her neck.

"what are you doing?" riley breathlessly whispered, barely audible.

"i don't know," jj mumbled against the girl's neck, connecting his lips once more to the skin below her jaw. "do you want me to stop?"

riley hesitated for a moment. she honestly didn't know what she wanted. but as soon as jj placed his lips onto the tender skin right below her ear, her head involuntarily fell back onto his shoulder and she spoke before her mind was made up. "no."

gently, jj held riley's jaw and brought her lips up to his. she turned so she was facing him now. he slowly ran his fingers down the girl's bare arms before delicately placing his hands on her waist.

riley shuddered at the contact and although the movements were so soft and hesitant, they drove her crazy. she wanted more, she needed more.

riley threaded her hands through his blonde locks and deepened the kiss. lightly pushing him back onto the bed, she slipped off her already unzipped dressed and climbed on top of the boy. she straddled his waist and leaned down to press her lips onto his neck.

"fuck," jj groaned. he guided her lips back up to his again before flipping them over. he reached over his head to the back of his shirt, pulling it off in one quick motion.

jj's hands roamed her nearly naked body before he slipped a finger into her underwear and rubbed against her sensitive spot. "shit," the girl breathed out at the sudden contact.

jj sucked on the spot below her ear again, knowing that it drove her crazy, before he molded his lips around hers again. he took this as an opportunity to slip his finger inside of her, making riley moan into his mouth.

the brunette's head fell back as she fell into a euphoric state. slowly attempting to regain her sanity, riley trailed her fingers gently down jj's stomach until they came to a stop at his shorts and she quickly began to fumble with the button.

"are you sure?" jj asked the girl, pulling away from her lips for just a moment.

"yes."

authors note:

lol

so that was my first go at like sort of smut ig. i promise there's going to be more later on the book that's hopefully better than this but i hoped y'all enjoyed this chapter!