Chapter 30 - Acceptance

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a light shone brightly from my chest, forcing me to close my eyes again.

.

.

I fly out of bed, landing hard on the floor with a loud thump. My eyes fly open and I scan my surroundings like a hawk. My breathing is uneven and I'm all sweaty. I lick my lips, taking a deep breath as I realize I'm in my room at the tower.

I'm safe.

I take another shaky breath and lean against the bed, still sitting on the floor. My eyes are met with with the grey ceiling above me and I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

"No... You didn't love me. And it's taken me so long to accept that." I murmur softly, slowly regaining my even breaths. "And I... I will never, ever, love you."

.

That day was quiet for the most part. Some had to leave for a mission, which was kind of a bummer but it's their job. Plus, they're helping people, so I can't complain.

I stayed in my room for the most part of the day, not really feeling like doing anything.

Currently, the afternoon sun is shining in through my window and hitting my wall. So for the past few minutes, I've just been making different weird things with the shadow from my hand.

Suddenly, there's a light knock on my door and I yell for the person to come in. As the door opens, I quickly retract my hand from the air and Tony peaks his head in, looking more nervous than ever.

I can practically see the sweat trickle down his forehead and when his eyes lands on me he quickly looks away.

"Hey Pete, mind if we come in?" He ask, his tone faltering for a slight second. I frown at him confused. But that frown quickly disappears when I see Stephen step into the room.

"Umm... Yeah, sure." I smile and they walk in, closing the door behind them.

Stephen sits down on the edge of my bed while Tony continues to stand. I sit up and eye the adults curiously. Tony fidgets with his sleeves again and Stephen lets out a chuckle.

"Tony..." Stephen says in a soft tone.

"Right." Tony hums. He clears his throat before clasping his hands together. "So, kid. How are you feeling?"

"I... feel fine..." I frown, an awkward smile forming on my lips.

"Good, that's good..." Tony starts to wander back and forth in front of the bed and I look over at Stephen who seems to be very amused by Tony's behaviour.

"Umm... Did you need anything?" I ask and Tony stops in his tracks and turns towards me.

"You know what? I'm not good at this. I'll just be blunt." He says and he seems to relax a little. "Kid... what would you say... if I asked you if you want to live here at the tower?"

My mouth fell slightly open and my eyes were glued on my mentor.

"I... Uhh..." I stammer, managing to take my eyes of him.

"Okay. Let me rephrase that... What woud you say if I asked you if...-" He stops for a moment, wetting his lips before taking a deep breath. "*Ahem* If I asked you if it'd be okay for Stephen and I to... to adopt you."

I felt my heart beat harder in my chest and my eyes widden. The room was silent for a few seconds and it took some time for me to understand his words.

Slowly, a smile creeps its way onto my lips and I feel my eyes water. I let out a soft laugh, making Tony look at me.

I couldn't make myself speak, so I just resorted to nod instead. More tears fell down my cheeks and I lunged over to Stephen and hugged him. He wrapped is arms around me and soon I felt a second pair of arms around me.

"Th-Thank you...!" I cried. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" My sentences were filled with laughing and hiccups. I couldn't stop smiling and I had a warm feeling in my chest.

"Thank you so... so much..." I continued to cry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

...Uhh

Hi...!
How are everyone today?

I'm sorry this chapter took so long  and that it's kind of short... But! I've actually been kind of busy-ish with... uhh... reading...

Basically.
I'm reading the Percy Jackson books and so far, they're great! I read the first two books in 5 days total and I'm kind of proud of myself for that.
I'm currently on book 3 of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series so please no spoilers!

On another note...

After reading through so many of your comments throughout this story, I've decided to adopt you all.
And no, I don't take criticism.

I swear, there's been so many times that I've just laughed out loud from the things you guys comment. It's freaking gold.

So, Here are some cookies and remember that you are valid!

Thank you for being so patient with me and on that note...

That's All For Now Folks!

G'night, G'day and G'morning!

/Twizz