The Story of Us.

What are the things that makes a gay boy's life difficult?

1. Being in the closet

2. Being in the closet while having a male best friend.

3. Being in the closet while having a crush with your MALE best friend.

4. Being in the closet while having a crush with your STRAIGHT MALE best friend.

5. Being in the closet while having a crush with with your STRAIGHT MALE HOMOPHOBIC best friend.

Fuck. A. Duck.

Can my life get any worse?

"Hey man are you okay?" Liam asked from my side, his hand patting my shoulder, jerking my attention off my internal struggle.

I looked to my side and see Liam, my best friend since, like, forever. His green eyes shining light, his hair short with a buzz cut, tanned skin, masculine features sharp enough to cut and a body that screamed JOCK. Liam Payne is the definition of masculinity.

A definite contrast to my more feminine features. Jet black hair that flowed down in soft waves, glittering blue peachy eyes, milky pale complexion and a thin and small body, much to my insecurity. I've always been scrawny and effeminate, despite my constant effort to train my body, all it did is gain me some muscle and make me look leaner.

"Yep. I'm good." I replied before getting out of the car, shutting the door before waiting for Liam to step outside.

We walked from the lot to the corridors, opting for our lockers.

Despite our differences, Liam and I hit it off as friends, a very good one at that. Partly because both our moms are high school best friends, partly because since childhood, we've done almost EVERYTHING together and partly because I've never out myself to him.

Yep you heard that right, my best friend doesn't know I'm gay. Or that I've been harboring a crush with him since that stupid hug in fifth grade, when we won the best costume in a Halloween party. Our moms had this stupid idea to dress us up as Philip and Aurora. And me being the little obedient goody two shoes, agreed with the crazy idea. That's when I realized I'm different from other male guys, and my mom and her friend somehow guessed it even before I knew it.

My family knows and they accepted me. Even Aunt Jane, Liam's mother, knows. She had no qualms me being friends with her son. She's a fan. And she doesn't let any chances to not show it. The problem is Liam.

He's a homophobe.

Oh.

The irony.

I know right? How the fuck did I end up with a homophobe best friend? You'll be surprised how much I wanted to just fuck my life at times.

We passed through students walking. Passing some who we know and sharing passing greetings. When we reached the left wing, I felt Liam's change of mood. How did I know? Because I know every single thing about this stupid prick.

I trailed my gaze into what he's looking at and saw the school's famous group of boys. If this is a film they will be the boy versions of Heathers. Except that they're five, and that two of them are openly gay, in a relationship, and happily flaunting their fuck yous to this cold and judging world.

Kian Sterling and Javier Duke shocked everyone when they came out of the closet, kissing after a football game championship our school won. Everyone thought the the impeccable 5 hot dudes would finally fall apart. But hell they're wrong, the five acted the same even with two of their friends playing tonsil hockey in front of them. Even teased them to get a room. I can't forget my baffled and slightly jealous feelings that day. I wish Liam could be as supportive to me that way.