Chapter 4~Argentina

Evelyn's POV
     The plane ride to Argentina was painstakingly long. I was either sleeping on Erik's shoulder or watching for 'uninvited' guests. And I still had to wear the stupid wig! Erik had told me earlier that we'd be landing in a city close to where we're headed. So we'd have to 'borrow' a car to get there. I sighed in frustration, will this plane ever land! I looked out the window to see us slowly descending. Yes! Finally!
While waiting in the airport for Erik, I decided to observe the landscape.  
     Everything, everywhere was green and shined in the sunlight. Colorful flowers sprouted and vines spread through it all. It was all so beautiful but the air was overwhelming! It was so hot and humid, I was already sweating profusely! This is great! Now I won't be able to use my powers very much at all! "You can be a real hothead sometimes." I was snapped out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Erik smirking at me. Apparently he saw me mentally yelling at myself. "Ha ha very funny!" I growled.
     Erik motioned me to walk with him to the busy streets. "Now how exactly are we going to get there?" I asked him, slightly irritated. He pointed at a gray Jeep across the street. "How about that one Evie?" He teased. "Fine, but don't call me that!" I snapped back. He rolled his eyes and walked towards the car, with me by his side. I clasped my hands together and created a small ice key. I opened the car door and sat in the passengers' seat while Erik sat in the drivers'. I used the same ice key to turn on the ignition. Erik put his foot on the gas pedal and we drove off.
     The town of Visa Gesell was nicer than I thought it would be. But at the same time it was smaller and quainter than I anticipated. Erik suggested that we start looking in pubs, since the local men might know Schmidt. After a while of searching, we spotted one on a small hill at the edge of town. It appeared rather quaint on the outside. It also looked like it needed a good painting and refurbishing, but what choice did we have? "Come on." Erik said, as we walked up the broken cobblestone walkway.
     He opened the door for me and let me walk in. The cool blow of air conditioning hit me on the way in. Yes! I can fully use my powers again! I smoothly walked over to the bar stools with Erik following suit. "What would you two like?" The bartender asked. "Just a beer for me please." Erik replied. "Nothing for the pretty lady?" The bartender flirted. Oh no! I could see Erik's eyes get darker and his face become red with rage. "No thank you." I said cooly. I couldn't let Erik blow our cover, and it's hard enough with how overprotective he is of me. I turn my head around to see the two men behind us, staring at me. Ugh, why are men so stupid!
     I turn my head back to see Erik staring at the wall. I follow his eyes to see what he's staring at. I gasped, it's Schmidt! It's a photograph of him on a boat with his colleagues. The ships name was 'Caspartina', and below it said 'Miami, Florida'. I guess that's where we'll actually find him. I quickly averted my eyes from the picture, I didn't want to look too suspicious. "You like the German beer huh?" I heard one of the men behind us say. "It's the best." Erik replied. He turned around to face him. "What brings you here?" He asked the man. "The climate! I'm a pig farmer" the now apparent farmer joked. He then motioned to the other man. "I'm a tailor. My father was known for making the best suits in all of Düsseldorf!" The now apparent tailor bragged.
     Erik then walked over to sit with them. "Ah our parents were from Düsseldorf!" He motioned to me. "What were their names?" The tailor asked, obviously excited. I stood up getting ready, I knew what was coming next. "They didn't have names!" Erik continued, "They were taken from them! By pig farmers!" He brought up his glass and clicked it with the farmers. "And Tailors!" He then repeated the action with the tailors. The two men shook in fear. I saw the farmer reach for something under the table. I watched him pull out a dagger and aim it at Erik. Erik pulled the metal on it and it was now in his grasp. He held the farmers arm down in a tight grip and positioned the dagger above his hand. I stretched out my hand and ice began to grow at the end of the dagger, making it even sharper. The two men's attention then turned to me. Their mouths dropped at the sight of my mark now spreading and glowing blue up my arm, and to my face. I smirked at them. "Blood and honor" Erik growled, "Which one should you loose first?" He then stabbed the dagger in the farmers hand. He shrieked in pain.
     I heard something behind me and turned to see the bartender holding a gun. He aimed it at me but Erik moved it until it was aimed at the tailor. He pulled the trigger on it and the tailor dropped dead on the floor. He then pulled the dagger out of the farmers hand, shot it out towards the bartender, and then back in the farmers hand. "W-who are you people?!" He yelled. I walked forward towards him. "Let's just say we're Frankenstein's monsters." I smirked at him. Erik stood up and walked back towards the photograph, observing it once more. "And we're looking for our creator." Erik finished. I held out my hand once more and froze the farmers body. I gave him a gentle tap and he broke into pieces. We're coming for you Schmidt. And now we're one step closer.

((Hey it's me again! Thanks for reading! :3 Don't forget to heart and comment!))