Cole

Your decision? You went to Cole's room, which is harder to see in the dark. A challenge to your eyes, if you got along with the light in your room.

You saw Cole holding on to a small bolster with the grey covers under him. You remembered that you used to have a bolster, only calling it a "hotdog" because they looked the same.

"Um, Cole?" you tried to call him. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" He probably didn't hear you so he sat up and turned to you.

"Yes, (Y/N)? I was too busy dreaming about cake, I even tried to eat it!" he explained in an excited tone. You reacted with a small laugh and smiled.

"I came here cause I have a nightmare. Can I sleep with you tonight? Please?" you asked. He felt a little hesitant but he agreed.

"Oh, okay. You can sleep right next to me." He pointed to his right side and you ran up to the other side.

"Slow down, kid!" he said. You settled down in bed and tried to close your eyes but something is missing.

"I still can't sleep," you said to Cole. "How about a lullaby? It could work," he suggested.

The last time you heard a lullaby was a song your mother sang. Unfortunately, she passed away, leaving her lullaby as a memory to you. You nodded a "yes" to Cole and you got closer to him, snuggled under his arm. He then started to sing, a tune rather familiar to you.

Sleep, my friend
You're safe under this roof
Sleep, my friend
We're here to protect you

When the darkness comes to you,
We're the light to guide you through

Sleep, my friend
For I, am the one to guide the way...

You felt a yawn. He continued the song by humming, his voice calming to hear. Your eyes closing in, still listening to Cole's singing.

"It's just like my mother sang to me," you thought to yourself. Her memories of her came back to you, smiling in your sleep.

Cole noticed you laying your head on his arm, so he adjusted his position a little bit.  He laid his head on the soft pillow, closed his eyes, and soon slept peacefully.

Cole has a kind personality and help others when in need. He knew that your nightmare thoughts can be whisked away with a song true to your heart.