TWENTY-THREE

Aria

My dad is being so unfair. After me and Henry both got yelled at, he refused to let me and Henry see each other unless it was for crime fighting.

If Henry is in the Man Cave not fighting crime, I have to stay up in my room until he leaves.

If I'm down in the Man Cave and not in my room, Henry has to either stay home or up in the store. It isn't fair, he's my boyfriend.

"Dad, I'm coming downstairs!" I yelled to him, but caring if he answered or not.

I went downstairs and saw Henry and Charlotte sitting by the monitors. Jasper must be working upstairs in Junk N' Stuff.

"Henry!"

I ran off the stairs and over to him because I haven't seen him all day. He kissed me rather quickly before pulling away.

"Your dad went upstairs, he'll be down any minute, or second." He told me as he stared at both the elevator and tubes.

"Henry, I don't care what my dad says. He can't keep me from you." I whispered as tears reached my eyes.

Charlotte walked over, "Aria's right Henry. Ray has no control over who Aria sees."

Henry shook his head and walked away from the both of us. I crinkled my eyebrows together in confusion, looking back over to Charlotte who shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah, but he does. She's his daughter, Charlotte, and he's the boss of her until she's eighteen." Henry retaliated back at Charlotte who scoffed.

"Henry, why are you so worried about this?"

Before Henry could respond, the elevator doors swung open and my dad walked out of them. I froze where I was and kept my eyes on my dad. He stopped, turned around, and his eyes grew wide.

"Aria? I thought I told you that you're not allowed down here when Henry's here? Did I not make myself clear?" My dads voice rose as he spoke.

"Dad," I started, walking towards him, "you made yourself clear, yes, but you don't have the right to keep me from Henry."

"Aria Manchester-"

"I-I'm in love with him, okay? That's why I can't stay away from him, and that's why you can't keep me from him. No matter what you do to try and prevent us from seeing each other, I'll still find a way." I told my dad, seeing his reaction when I ran to my room.

I crawled onto my bed, shoving me face into the pillow that Henry got me on our five month anniversary.

"Aria? Was everything you said true?" Henry asked, walking into my room and sitting on my bed.

"Yes, it's true. And I have been in love with you since we were thirteen."

Henry's face pulled a smile, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I snuggled my face into the crook of his neck, my arms tight around his waist.

Behind us, someone cleared their throat. I jumped up when my dad was resting on the doorframe. I gently turned Henry's head towards the door, watching him jump off the bed.