Chapter 26

Don't skip the Author's note when you are done. There are several important things I'd like y'all to see there.

Jamal's POV

I woke up to a dim lit room. I stretched my hand to my side and felt the empty space beside me, the space Elyon had been few hours ago. Looking around and I saw her bag, shoe and blazer lying at a corner and I smiled. She was still around.

Stretching and getting up from the bed, I looked outside my window to see that everywhere was dark. I yawned, picked up my phone and checked the time, widening my eyes when I realized how much time has passed.

8:30pm

I dropped my phone and walked towards the bathroom, pulling off my shirt and unbuttoning my fly, feeling the need to take a shower and wash off my pain and heartache. I took my grey joggers from where it was hanging on the door of my wardrobe and entered the bathroom.

I let out a breath I was holding, allowing my thoughts to run wide as the water from the shower head cascaded down my body.

I can't believe I actually hurt Mateo. It was no revenge, I just don't know what came over me. Mr Johnson's trash talk about my mental state put me on the edge and I wasn't thinking anymore. I just acted on impulse, due to the fact that I've had a feeling Mateo wanted to take advantage of my sister.

I guess I was very wrong and I would go to whatever length to prove that to Mateo and Skye.

I heard the door of my room open and close, hearing Elyon's voice talk to someone on the phone. I ran my hand through my wet hair and puffed out air from my mouth as the cold water sent a soothing feeling through my veins, as well as Elyon's voice over the door.

I put off the shower and stepped out of the glass, pulling my towel with me and drying my body. I took my boxer shorts and joggers and wore it. Hanging the white towel around my neck, I opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom.

Elyon turned around and she stopped talking to whoever she was talking to on the phone, her eyes raking through the length of my body. I inaudibly gulped when I saw the intensity her eyes held.

How can someone look at me like that and expect me to abstain? God, I'm in trouble.

"Mummy, we'll talk later." She said to the receiver after a moment of staring at me and hung up. Her lips spread in a smile. "I was wondering when you'd wake up." She said, walking up to me. I chuckled and shrugged.

"I can't sleep forever, can I? I actually thought you had gone home. It's pretty late, you know." My voice went an octave lower when she reached me and wrapped her hands around my middle, resting her head on my bare chest, her hair tickling my skin in a very sensitive way.

"Mum has a night shift and Dad has travelled. Thankfully, it's the weekend so Venus and I are staying here." She mumbled against my chest and I nodded, smiling at the development. I wrapped my hands around her shoulder and buried my face in her fluffy hair, inhaling her shampoo.

"That's good. I've missed you staying here, with me. I need someone to even talk to." I muttered and she loosened her hands around me, looking up at me.

"Yes, I was going to say that. We need to talk." She stated, giving me a serious look and I chuckled at how cute she looked while trying to play boss. "It's not funny Jamal. I'm serious." She added and my serious face came back on.

"I'm sorry. You are right, we need to talk." I replied and she nodded, taking my hand. We settled on my bed, with my back leaning on the head board and her opposite me, facing me. She looked at me for a while, trying to study me and I looked away from her scrutinizing gaze.