New Beginning

Começar do início

Aunty: "Acha boht shukriya. Khuda aafiz."

Aunty leaves and we had to leave too.

At home we ate and I was helping my mom. The phone started ringing and I picked up. It was my cousin's mom. My chachi. I felt joyfull listening to her boice but I saw some pain in them.

I gave it to mama and after talking to her mama looked upset. I went to mama and asked her what happened.

Me: "Mama kya huwa?"

Mama: Woh Hafsa hamaray paas ari hai rehene summer ki vacation mein.

Me: "Acha. Yeh toh achi baath hai. Kab ari hai?"

Mama: "Tujay toh pata hai na, chachi aur chachu ka divorce hogaya hai. Aur abhi abhi kabar ayi hai ke chachi ko stage 3 cancer hai. Aur woh zaida din zinda nahi rehge." She said as a tear escaped her eye.

Me: "Yeh kab huwa. Woh toh pehele kitni healthy thi. Itni jaldi?" I was about to cry too.

Mama: "Beta muoth or zindingi Allah ke haath mein hai. Kuch bhi ho sakta hai. Isi liye woh ari hai do din baad."

Me: "Papa ko pata hai?"

Mama: "Unko main bata dunghi. Tum jao aur apna kamra teek karo aur closet seperate karo.

Me: "Acha." I rubbed her shoulder and hugged her.

I was really shocked to hear that. But I was happy that Hafsa was going to come to live with us for summer, but not like this.

I went up and cleaned my room and seperated my clothes in my closet to make room for Hafsa's clothes. We were lucky we got a bigger house than our old house. We now have more bedrooms and bathrooms, than our old house. Anyone can live here with us.

It was getting late and I started to go to sleep. But from downstairs I could hear mama talking to a desi aunty. It could be that desi aunty that we met in Walmart. Well whatever. I went to sleep and prayed last minute for chachi.

Shehry's POV

I was very tired of the long flight and all. I was trying to sleep but I couldnt. I heard moms voice. She was on the phone talking to someone. Probably to some desi aunty. Well I can't exactly tell but it did sound like a desi aunty because she was speaking Urdu. Whatever, I just went to sleep.

Areeba's POV.

It was morning and I ate breakfast. But Hafsa wasn't out of sleeping. I had to go get her because mama is making her breakfast. I went up to my room and tried to wake her up.

Me: "Hafsa uth ja. Nastha ban raha thera. Enough of your beauty sleep."

Hafsa: "Tu chal main aai." She sang out.

Me: "Enough. Salman Khan is not going to come all the way from India to Virginia. Tere liye toh Shahrukh Khan aayega... and we have to go to the mall. Wake up!" I said the last louder.

She woke up stretching on the bed.

Hafsa: "Haan haan jaana hai. Uth gayi main. And Shahrukh Khan bhi chalay ga." She said winking.

Me: "Chal jaldi aaja neeche." I said chuckling.

Hafsa's POV.

I was sleeping 'till I heard someone come in. Well actually sleeping and being aware of what's happenin.

It was Areeba.

Areeba:Hafsa uth ja. Nastha ban raha thera. Enough of your beauty sleep. 'Meri beauty sleep. Jhooti. Har shaam tak sothi hai aur mujay kehti. Dekna yeh theen bajay phir sojai ghi khaane ke baad.'