Chapter 1

I stepped out of my school and breathed deeply. Why is it that even though schools are very against drugs, it smells more like that than any other place I've ever been?

What's up everyone! My name's Vladimir Chori. I am fifteen and live in the city of weirdness! Well, that's what I call it anyways. Friends? I don't have any but, that doesn't stop me from acting like i rule! 'Cause I do! As to family, i have a mom and a dad and a thirteen year old younger brother named Toots. Well, that's my name for him. His real one is Benjamin but, i don't think it fits him very well. I have wavy medium length black hair that falls into my dark brown eyes that my mom always says are my best and brightest feature. I go to a regular school, have regular homework and watch regular TV like the rest of the teen population. I am happy with my normal life and want it to stay the same as always. Forever. But, i guess fate has a way of ignoring your opinion on things.

Today felt different. I had been feeling as if something big was going to happen and i was excited. My intuition was usually right and i always had fun when it was.

I raced home to see my, ever so cute and sweet, little brother, Toots. I opened the front door and stepped in quietly. I peeked into the living room and smiled. He was sleeping on the couch, his mouth slightly open.

Perfect!

I went to the fridge and pulled out the whipped cream. Going back into the living room, i put the tip of the whipped cream bottle in his mouth and pressed the nozzle. For the next few seconds the only thing you could hear was gurgling and choking.

Opening his eyes, Toots sat up and spit all the whipped cream out onto the floor. He frowned at me as i tried to resist laughing his white covered face. "That was priceless! Oh, my god!"

Failing at staying quiet any longer, i burst out laughing and rolled around on the floor. "Vlad! That was mean! You know i hate whipped cream!" Toots yelled at me.

I just laughed harder.

He narrowed his eyes then grinned evily. "Let's see how long you can laugh when i choke you."

I immediately tried to stop laughing but, i was too late. Toots let 'em rip. The whole room filled with a horrible smell, causing me cough and wave a hand in front of my face.

"Toots! Thats gross! You knkw if mom were here you would be in big trouble!" I frowned at my younger brother.

He shrugged. "But, she's not and you're not going to tell her. Right?" I may be the older sibling but, Toots was scarier than anyone i have ever met and can make me do as he says just by saying it in that steel tone of his. See? Little brothers are hardly ever what the mother thinks they are.

I played with my shirt. "Of course not. I would never tell on you."

He smiled. "Great!"

I aighed in relief. "So, what have you been up to other than sleeping with whipped cream?" I snickered at his glare.

"Nothing much. I was wondering if you could go get a book for me." He looked at me hopefully.

"Sure. What book did you want?"

"It's at the library and it's called, Legends of the Vampire World. I've had it on hold for a while."

I gave him a look. "Since when were you interested in vampires?"

"Just recently. I read a book about them for school and i got curious."

"Good enough for me. I'll be back in about an hour." I stood up and left.

*******

I walked out of the library and headed in the direction of home. I took a few short cuts and went down a back alley behind a convenient store.

As i neared the other side i felt movement behind me. I turned around, a frown on my face. "Is anyone there?" I called out.

There was no reply. I assumed it must have been a cat so, shrugging, i continued on my way. Well, that was until I felt a hand on my shoulder and I was suddenly flying backwards into the alley wall.

My back came into contact with the hard brick wall and i cried out as i fell to the ground with a thud. I groaned and sat up. I looked around and saw a darkly dressed guy standing in front of me.

I growled. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

He made no effort to reply.

I stood up and glared at him. Then, before my brain even processed his movement, he had my back pinned to the wall, my feet dangling below me.

He had no expression as he squeezed my throat tighter. I kicked my legs as my air passage was blocked, refusing to let me breath.

Then he smirked. "I chose good today. You look just my type."

He leaned forward until his mouth was by my ear. "It won't hurt that bad... for the first few seconds."

My eyes widened and I struggled harder even though my strength was running out from having no oxygen. Finally, giving up i relaxed and he released me. I dropped to the cold ground and coughed.

He bent down and lifted my chin. "You have the cutest little face. I could just take what i want right now."

I shook a little at how confident he sounded, making me wonder what it was that he wanted. I snapped back to reality as he turned my head to the side. I slapped his hand away and jumped up.

I had fone only a few feet when he grabbed my wrist and dragged me back down. He got ontop of me and smiked evily down at me. "That was foolish."

Then, as I squirmed around to get free, he leaned down and kissed my neck slowly. "Stop! Pervert! Get off of me!"

Then he bit down and i felt his teeth sink into my flesh, my neck erupting with fire. I screamed as my whole body burned. He clenched his teeth, silencing my voice.

I got weaker and weaker, slowly losing the energy to fight back and just when i was about to pass out he pulled away. "Thanks for the meal."

He stood up and walked away from me. The last thing i thought was,

What meal.....

Before everything turned red and i lost consciousness.

*******

Hey everyone! Its a short chapter i know but, i wanted to end it like that. Hope you liked it and will keep reading more! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco