Family: As a Remembrance to the Days Long Past

Comenzar desde el principio

The two older figure frowned at the last sentence. While Bell had only known much less than his other friends in Orario, he knew how hard the blow was to Orario, and even more to his elven wife, who suffered the most because of it. Lili, on the other hand, knew how horrible it was, despite her not being an adventurer, and how hard the blow was to most of the senior Adventurers and citizens.

Seventeen years had passed. Orario had been bustling like usual, despite the blow it had received. But the same couldn't be said for the elfess.

Bell knew how hard the blow was to Ryuu, and how important this day was, and how important the "ritual" was as well.

Which is why, he tried his best for her, and now, with their little angels, he hoped that he would do better.

"Lord Hermes and everyone from Loki, Freya and Ganesha Familia gave these to you. They wanted to pay their respect as well."

"I see." Bell replied as he received the bundles of flowers from Lili. "I'll be going then. Take care, Lili!"

"Hai!"

"Aunt Lili, we'll be going too!"

"Okay! Don't annoy your parents too much, okay?"

The kids just giggled at that.

---

--Ryuu's PoV---

My trembling steps were so slow that it took long for me to finally arrive.

A small crater, where a sheer amount of weapons were planted, each representing the heroes of the darkest day in Orario.

They had shown that justice was there, it's up to us to pursue it.

They had paid the price, for the glory of the dungeon city, for the people, for the peace.

Everyone I loved, everyone I cared the most at that time.

They fell...they too had paid it. The price of justice, something I always asked to my Goddess especially after all that happened.

I can't even save them...

For a few minutes, I just stood there, fighting back the tears that always tried to leak out.

Fighting the pain from the gaping hole in my heart, the tears acted as a catalyst for it to rise.

Then...

"That's Mom!"

"Ssshh!"

The pain somehow increduously began to dwindle, just due to that familiar sound that sometimes I found to be very annoying.

The tears stopped leaking.

And the coldness and bitterness I felt slowly turned into warmth.

And slowly it reached its peak when I sensed it, the most precious treasures that I had been grateful of, now standing beside me.

Behind the remains of the pooling tears, I saw Cranel...no...Bell kneeling before the site while putting a bundle of flowers. And then I too saw my little children doing the same like their father. I didn't have to follow suit as I had done it prior.

"Sorry we're late, Ryuu."

"It's okay, Bell..." I replied slowly. "I was just gotten here myself."

Without hesitation, right after they got up, I began to face the man and smiled. "Then, may I?"

"Sure, I'll be right after you."

As he confirmed with that words, I knelt down in front of the site, and began to speak in a low voice...