"So, does Talia have your approval?"

"She's cool; maybe too cool for Jake," she said with a giggle. "She'll fit right in with the pack, though Jared might find her a little annoying."

"Why's that?" he asked curiously.

"She rambles a lot," Meadow said shortly.

"Ah."

They were interrupted when Edward and Bella approached them. They stopped dancing and looked at the pair warily. Thankfully, they were dancing near the edge of the floor, so Meadow beckoned Paul and the newlyweds to follow her away from the dancing guests. Paul stood in front of Meadow protectively and leveled Edward with a threatening stare.

"I hope you are enjoying the celebration," Edward said politely.

"We are. It's beautiful. Congratulations," Meadow said.

"Congrats," Paul said after Meadow nudged him in the ribs.

"Thank you," Bella said with a small smile.

"I don't like small talk," Meadow said abruptly. "I never really understood it and I never understood why people hid behind while they gained enough courage to say what they actually want to say."

Paul smirked as Edward and Bella shared a look.

"We were hoping you would reconsider your conditions," Edward grimaced. Meadow's face darkened and she exuded a dark aura. The people around the quintuplet looked at them uneasily and moved away. Paul stiffened as he felt multiple vampire eyes on them.

"If you think a public setting will make me change my mind, you're wrong," Meadow said lowly.

"Meadow, please," Bella said. She reached a hand towards the wolf, but Paul swatted her hand away.

"Keep your hands to yourself," he growled. The way Meadow tensed put him on edge.

"Take your own advice," Edward hissed.

"I'm fine," Bella assured Edward. He looked down at her and nodded. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by a howl in the distance. Meadow whipped her head to stare in the direction the howl came from. She recognized it as Quil's howl. A moment later, another howl pierced the air. This time, it was Leah.

"What's going on?" Jacob asked as he rushed over to Meadow and Paul with Seth by his side.

"It's Quil and Leah," Meadow said worriedly. 

"You can't run off now," Bella protested. "We still need to talk about the agreement."

"What's there to talk about?" Jake asked.

Meadow shook her head and said, "We don't have time for this. Seth, go see what's going on and try to help. Jake, go with him and report back to me."

They nodded and ran off into the trees. Jake came back a minute later with a grim face,

"Quil imprinted," he said.

"He imprinted?" Paul asked incredulously.

"Yeah, but that's not everything," Jake said with a grimace.

"What happened," Meadow demanded.

"You know how Emily's niece came down to visit?" Jake asked.

"Claire? What about her?" Meadow asked.

"She went for a walk by herself in the woods. There was a vampire and it attacked her. It didn't bite her, but it grabbed her by the throat. Claire had a panic attack and was thrown against a tree. They had to rush her to a hospital. Apparently, she's hemophilic," Jake explained thoroughly.