015.

ADDISON RAE. 🌸 • @addisoneasterling
ON TWITTER.

i'm sure we're taller in another dimension.

🦋

addison's heart sunk into her stomach. all of this was worst possible case scenario. she was finally getting the chance to make things right with nala but if only she hadn't been so reckless and stupid with bryce she wouldn't have to compromise love and lust to mean the same thing.

she felt defeated, to say the least. it was as if she couldn't win no matter what she did. not only did she hurt nala to the point where their relationship could be irreparable, but she could be stuck living a life with bryce forever and a child she never could've planned for at the age of nineteen.

knowing she had a doctor's appointment with bryce to confirm if there really is a baby growing inside of her she couldn't believe how fast her life could change.

and even though she should be thinking of her future and what she was going to do to plan for the baby, all she could think about was nala and how she must be feeling.

how cruel and untimely the universe had to be to bring the two back together for a second chance at love and take it back before they even got the chance to see where it could've gone.

addison plopped down on her couch, throwing her purse across the room and staring intricately at the empty white wall in front of her.

a solid slam against her door shook her from her thoughts, casting her gaze to her front door that was currently taking a beating.

"open...up!" nala grunted from the other side, pounding heavily on the knocker.

addison's stomach twisted in a knot. she couldn't see her face again after she just let her down for the second time tonight. but when nala was angry, there was no solving the problem or making it go away and even she knew that. so hesitantly, she stood up and made her way over to the door.

nala was kicking now, yelling profanities and getting impatient.

"i know you're in there! let me in!" she threatened once again, and addison took a breath before opening the door in front of her.

the door swung open mid knock, causing nala to lose her balance and fall into the blonde girls chest.

nala's arms were still swinging, as if she was trying to throw punches at addison but continuously missing. she didn't lift her face from addison's chest once but continued to blindly take shots at addison's body.

"nala, please, stand up." addison begged, trying to push the sluggish girl off of her. "no. you hurt me, so now i'm gonna hurt you." she snarled, fists of fury flying in the air.

addison tried to calm the girl down but she seemed to have been in a world of her own. "nala, please."

the angry girl suddenly stopped and went quiet before viciously wrapped her arms around her with a snake-tight grip and began to have a full body guttural sob on addison's shoulder.

it didn't take long for addison to realize the girl was making a drunken mistake. nala smelled strongly of vodka, so much that addison had to scrunch her nose to deal with the smell.

"i hate you i hate you i hate you so much that i can't even process feeling. you broke my heart, at least act like you care!" nala's body shook as she continued to cry yet still refused to loosen her hold on addison.

addison didn't know whether to rub her back and console her or if she should join in and cry as well. "i do care. i care so much," addison cried, returning the embrace. clearly, she decided to do both.

after a moment of mutual despair, nala leaned back, finally letting go with black tear streaks of mascara rolling down her face.

she was silent for a moment, sniffling and wiping at her eyes. finally she sighed and pointed accusingly at addison, then more specially, her stomach. "there's a baby in there, isn't there," she whispered quietly, shuffling her feet.

addison didn't know what to say as the tears continued to well in her eyes no matter how many times she blinked them back. "i don't know, maybe. probably. who am i kidding, most likely." she began to bawl her eyes out, both girls helplessly feeling lost for similar and completely opposite reasons at the same time.

now it was nala's turn to console the blonde, as she took addison's hand and lead her upstairs to her own room, before tucking the crying girl into her bed and laying next to her quietly.

both girls lied down on their backs and stared the rigid pattern on the ceiling, though both were lost in separate thoughts.

mutually, they both knew this was the beginning of the real end. addison was going to be a mother and nala was going to have to focus on her career and distract herself from the fact that she might never be in a real relationship with her first love.

finally, the brunette spoke up, but her gaze never wavered from the fake stars plastered on addison's ceiling, making a silent wish on the biggest and brightest one. "addy?"

addison didn't answer, but she turned her head to show that she was awake and listening.

nala rolled over so she was facing the wall and her back was to addison. "can you hold me?" her voice was barely above a whisper. she felt stupid, like a small child afraid of the dark.

minutes went by and addison made no move to reach out to nala. though momentarily hurt, she understood that maybe it was too much to ask, so nala didn't say anything more.

a final silent tear rolled down her cheek as she closed her eyes and willed herself to fall asleep. knowing this would be the first and last time she went to bed with addison's presence next to her made her too sad to think about much longer and she's already cried enough tears tonight to fill an ocean.

just as she was fighting consciousness, she felt the bed shift and a pair of safe and secure arms wrap around her frame.

nala smiled softly to herself, cracking the streams of dried tears on her skin. addison gave her a final squeeze and sweet kiss to the back of her head as nala quit fighting the current and gave in to her sleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE. 🦋
honestly i would say there's only
about five chapters left so beware!