Part 8 - Beginnings

8) Beginnings.

Christine's POV:

The next morning when I woke up and got dressed, I walked downstairs to see Roger sprawled on the couch. I chuckled at his sleeping form and pushed him off of the couch. He landed on the ground with a thud. That woke him up.

I laughed and said, "What are you doing on the couch? Please tell me you didn't pee on the bed."

He looked up at me groggily and said, "A, What the fuck are you doing? And B, No, I didn't pee, for God's sake. I went to a party last night and came back drunk, so just fell on the couch."

I grinned, "So, I am guessing, you didn't get laid, hence the bad mood?"

He gave me a look that said that this-woman-has-officially-gone-mad-and-I-am-super-pissed-because-she-pushed-me-off-of-the-couch-for-no-reason-at-seven-in-the-morning-and-now-asks-me-what's-wrong-with-me.

"Shut the hell up." Was his reply after which he got up and strolled into his room muttering something incoherent.

Guess I am not the only mornings-are-eww person here.

I went to the kitchen and was disappointed when I remembered that my parents had gone along with Roger's parens to visit some business-related people and will not be back for a few weeks.

No pancakes then.

Okay, now I need coffee.

I left the house and drove to the nearest Starbucks. I entered to see a queue not too long and joined it. When my turn came, I smiled at the guy behind the counter, who was now a good friend since my visits there were so frequent, and said, "A S'mores Frappuccino would do."

He chuckled, "What, no pancakes today?" I grumbled, "Tell me about it."

He laughed, "I see, someone's having a bad day. I'll get your order right away. Know better to mess with an almost everyday customer in the morning who is seeking some caffeine." I just smiled.

He came back with my order and said, "Here you go, dude." I raised an eyebrow at him, "Thank you, boy." I said, pointing a finger at him.

With that I left the queue and a few steps later, I stopped in my tracks when I saw the person that is bound to make my day happy.

Noah. I made sure my expression gave nothing away.

Taylor Swift's, 'They fade to nothing when I look at him' is the first thing that came to my mind.

That happiness doubled when I saw him staring at me, again and kinda glaring at the guy behind the counter.

I looked behind me to see the poor soul oblivious to all this. Okay now, I am not gonna pretend that I don't know what is going on.

He. Is. Jealous.

Well, kind of.

But that was enough to make my heart burst. I would be doing my ridiculous happy dance, right now, right here, if I were alone in the room.

Oh. Chocolate.

Noah's POV:

When I entered the cafe to get myself a coffee, I saw her.

Damn. She looked stunning and peaceful, standing there with her earphones plugged in. She looked groggy and sleepy. She looked so cute.

When the line proceeded, the eyes of the guy behind the counter shone with recognition and happiness. She talked to him with a smile on her face. It was obvious that they knew each other.

Who was he? Was he a friend? He better be. But what if he was something more? For the guy, I knew she was something more but I hope it's not same for her as well.

I did not like this feeling, at all. I just wanted to go there, and end there conversation, slip my arm through her waist and walk her out with a warning glare in the guy's direction.

She talked to him so freely and chirpily.

Why couldn't she talk to me like that?

I felt better when she turned around and walked out of the queue. She looked up and me and stopped.

She didn't show whatever she felt upon seeing me; shock, surprise, happiness, annoyance. Her expression gave nothing.

I wonder what made it so easy for her to morph her expression like this. What had made her what she is today? So strong and so smart.

After looking at me in the eye, she walked to the sugar basket, completely ignoring my presence and added sugar to her coffee. She walked past me and that's when I grabbed her wrist.

I liked this feeling, her hand in mine.

She stopped and turned around to say, "If you wanted me to stop, you could've asked. There's no need to be so dramatic about it." She deadpanned, and with that, she snatched back her wrist. I chuckled inwardly at her sass.

Then I said to her, the idea that I have been thinking about all morning, "Sorry, I was just thinking that maybe you could come with me after school, somewhere, so I can, you know, make up for everything." I scratched my neck and was sure that there was a slight pink tainting my cheeks because her eyes softened the tiniest bit, and that made my day a whole lot better.

She didn't say anything, just nodded her head with adoration in her eyes and walked out. Oh, the happiness it gave me.

After she went, I went up to the guy behind the counter and said with a grin, "I, too, would like a S'mores Frappuccino."

_________________________________

Ain't they cute?<3
Also, I find jealousy cute 🥰
Well, sometimes, at least :)

Do listen to the attached song.
It describes Christine's character perfectly :')

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
I'll keep updating ❤️