Part 3 - School's a Bitch

3) School's a Bitch.

After having my Calculus, the next few periods went by in a blur. Before I knew it, it was lunch and Stacy and I were walking towards the cafeteria.

Before we know it, we are surrounded by Rachel and her two pet cats. They were towering over us (or so they thought).

Rachel seethed as she shoved me with her hand, "You are going nowhere till I am done with you, bitch."

What is her problem? Why is she always talking as if she's on her period? I mean that cannot be possible, right? PMS 24/7.

I rolled my eyes as I replied, "Would you cut that drama please, and come straight to the point? I got to get to the cafeteria so that I can eat because unlike some people I have to attend my classes and reach them on time."

Rachel gave me a glare and said, "What was Noah doing there next to you in Calculus?

Seriously? I mentally scoffed. I swear they are so territorial over something, someone in this case, who's not even theirs. Duh.

Why is she so worked up? I mean, geez, we didn't make out or something, we just sat next to each other, but maybe their brainless selves thought those two were the same things. Who knows?

I chuckled dryly before I answered, "I like how you think this is a question I'd actually answer."

She threw me a disgusted look and shoved me against the locker. Hard.

That didn't hurt over the wave of hurt that I felt when my eyes locked with Noah, at the exact same moment and when he stared for a second before looking away and walking out on me.

What else did I expect?

And I swear on God, that was pretty much the first time he has even looked at me.

At least now he knows I exist.

I seriously am pathetic.

I sighed, composed myself and started walking my way through those sluts before calmly saying over my shoulder, "You'd get a better answer if you direct the same question to Mr. Edward and let me also know what crime did I commit that he gave me such a disgusting punishment of him sitting next to me."

My voice boomed throughout the hallway and I knew he would have heard it. Good for him.

I walked over to the cafeteria and I knew that my previous guess was correct by looking at the awed expressions on people's faces when they looked at me.

"Why, thank you." I thought in my mind with a dramatic bow.

***

I drove back home and as usual, my parents weren't home. I went into my room and changed into a baggy sweat shirt and a pair of black legging and wondered about today's events.

That's how I would always stand for myself and were given the same looks but still what? That all would return, return again, no matter what. But today was different. Today, he saw me.

As much as I was happy about the fact that we made an eye contact, A very small part of me was still very disappointed. But on what grounds? As much as I would like to think that Noah is a God, probably Stacy was right?

I shook my head to clear the second thoughts and distracted myself with some assignments. Before I knew, it was already eight in the evening and my parents were back. I went downstairs.

I went downstairs to see my parents getting themselves ready for dinner.

My mother saw me and smiled, "Hey, sweetie. How way your day?"

I replied with a smile of my own, "Nothing, mum, the usual. Now, you both tell me about your day at work."

With this, I went and sat opposite my parents on the chair. They told me about their day and later when we were having apple pie for desert my father said, "Kid, we are soon going to have the Collins here, with the guy, Roger along with them."

I squealed internally with a happy dance of my own. Collins were my parents' family friends for a long time.

They visit frequently to our house and usually stay for a month or two. Apparently, they work in a business firm that allows them to work from home, no matter wherever that home is.

And for Roger, he is my lad. Roger's my best friend. We were six when we met the first time and during those years, the Collins used to live here and hence we bonded in a way I hadn't bonded with anyone.

He knows me like no other person does. With all those movie nights over the years, all those visits to parks and so many things, he had become my haven, my anchor and also the best friend.

They moved out from this place the last year. As much heartbreaking as it was, it didn't make that much of a change.

Just that instead of staying at his house most of the times, I begun staying at my home, and the reason it did not make that big of a difference was that since they moved out the last year, they had more than frequent visits. So, yea, I was goddamn happy!

Oh, Roger, you have no idea how much I needed you right now.

With that thought, I went to my room, sleeping with content, pushing all thoughts of Noah at the back of my mind.

————————————————————————

Hola, people! This is my first book. I try to keep my chapters edited, but please ignore mistakes, if you find any.

Paper Rings would fit in here. By the way, I love TY.

Bye for now!

Love to whoever reads this!

Salvatore Brothers Slay.