The man had a perfect life back in LA. A lavish penthouse, a supportive family with enough love in their hearts. Coming to San Francisco was now starting to feel like a huge mistake. He already felt detached from his usual comfort bubble wrap, obviously a bad feeling.

"I never thought you'd actually come you know?" Finally, Dr. Brad.

Leonardo scoffed. "Like I had any other choice."

The two men shared a warm embrace as they exchanged their heartfelt greetings. Leonardo and Bradley were very tight friends since they grew up neighbors. Depended mostly on each other for everything, their friendship even got tighter during college where they later followed each other to Med School. Whenever Brad was feeling sad Leonardo would just offer him a beer and a spot to sulk and the neurosurgeon would do the same for him whenever there was need. When ready, they talked about the problem. They studied together, hanged out together and even shared a dorm room at one point.

After Med School Leonardo decided to stay in Los Angeles which is where his family had moved to. They went on separate pathways for their internship program but never lost contact. The blue eyed blond watched his Italian friend amused whilst making himself comfy on the office couch.

"So, why did you come then?" Brad started.

"You needed me here, no?" He simply uttered, a smirk crawling on his features.

It was true. Sullivan hospital was in desperate need of an attending cardiothoracic surgeon but not just any other Tom, Dick or Harry. The board had set their eyes on the Italian hotshot and there's no way they were taking no for an answer. His mere presence showed a harsh battle won.

"Touché." Brad chuckled lightly. "How are you liking San Francisco so far?" As much as Brad's face looked aloof, his voice was condensed with concern.

"There's a bit of adjusting that needs to be done on my part but I'll be fine."

Both men were a little bit startled by a sudden knock. "Come in." Leonardo answered in a monotonous voice not liking the idea of people interrupting catch up time with his friend.

The door was then sliced wider, making room for a male resident whose whole facial frame was almost colonized by a huge set of black rimmed glasses. "Sorry for interrupting, Dr. Brad a word?"

"Sure thing Seth, go on."

The resident seemed a bit hesitant to discuss a patient in the presence of a third party but spoke anyway, "I think I now have a lead to what's causing Amanda's seizures." he handed over a file which contained recent results from an MRI scan.

Shock was an understatement when Seth's eyes finally decided to spare the third party a proper look. What were the odds the man who blew him to heaven and back in a dark alleyway just three nights ago was sitting just there, at his workplace.

Just pretend you didn't see him and walk out.

"You shouldn't be thinking if you want your attending to take you seriously doctor." Leonardo pitched himself into a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with him earning himself a side eye from Brad who was busy scanning through the patient's results.

"I now know what's causing Amanda's spontaneous seizures, Dr. Brad." Seth paraphrased his statement eyeing Leonardo carefully, sort of weighing his thoughts. Was he thinking about what happened between them? Relax, maybe the guy was drunk and he forgot about the whole incident.

Just don't panic!

Leonardo smirked at the resident knowingly, "That's more like it kid."

Seriously, kid?