CHAPTER 2

Andrius' POV

I knocked on Felix's door so many times but that little shit is still not opening it. I sighed, maybe I'm just gonna call him through my phone so—

*cough cough*

My gaze landed on the girl beside me. Puffy and dark circles are really visible under her eyes. She really looks like a sicky kid to me but I don't know why, ang ganda parin niya. The beauty of her hair bewilders me as it slides along the frame of her face, her skin were pale as paper.

"Excuse me..." She lowered her head down so I couldn't see her being nervous but her reddish nose didn't escape my eyes.

"Are you sure?" I worriedly asked and she looked up to me with confusion.

"Huh? Ah, sorry kung umub—" She didn't get what I meant so I held her shoulder.

"I mean, are you sure you're okay?" I asked her, looking at her beautiful eyes again but my eyes went down and noticed some rashes showing up along her neck. She touched her neck.

"A-ano lang to, side effects ng gamot ko. Okay lang ako." She looked away after she said that. I held her hand and pulled her.

"T-teka—Saan tayo pupunta? Akala ko magpapaalam pa tayo— O-oy."

I didn't answer her and we headed straight to the elevator while I grabbed my phone to call for my friend, Aimee, who is a nurse.

Call connected—

(Hello Drew? You called?)

"Hey. Are you available today?"

(Huh? Wait. I have work today. Sorry, we can't date—)

"No, that's not it. I'm going to your clinic now. It's urgent, we have a patient."

(Uhm who?)

"You'll find out soon. We'll be there in 10 minutes."

( Okay sure. I will be sure to make time then. Bye-)

I ended the call fast to look at  Kaylee whose now looking at me like a lost puppy. I gave her a smile but her reaction didn't even change. I sarcastically frowned on my mind. That was my best smile but she didn't even acknowledge my visual? 

"W-why do you smile like that?" She asked, apathectic.

"Huh? What smile? You mean my pretty smile?" I teased her but it didn't work. Her cloven brows creasing.

"N-no. I just thought it's unnecessary." She looked away after she said that. Wow, I didn't expect her to be so straightforward. Kinda hurted my pride. Well usually, all the women would chase and instantly fall for my smile, guess she's an odd one huh?

"Then I won't smile. I'll only smile when it's necessary." I removed my gaze on her and fixed it on what floor are we already. It suddenly stopped on the 7th floor.

Grendel entered, half asleep and he accidentally bumped on Kaylee causing him to  be awake from his senses.

"Oh fuck!"