Chapter 7

Baby boy, you stay on my mind
Fulfill my fantasies (Come on girl, tell me how you feel)
I think about you all the time
I see you in my dreams (I see you in my dreams)
Baby boy, not a day goes by
Without my fantasies (Come on girl, tell me what's the deal)
I think about you all the time
I see you in my dreams (I see you in my dreams)

****

Allegra

I'm running late for work. And no, not just a few minutes late, more like half an hour late.

And it's all Mr Hottie fault.

No, I didn't meet him again and actually, tomorrow is the last day of our bet. But I had a dream.

A bloody hot dream about him hovering over me, his curly hair damp, his big hands all over me and his mouth whispering the most dirty things in my ear as he fucked me senseless.

I need to have a talk with my hormones one of these days. I can't not hear my alarm just because I'm having an orgasm in my dreams. I can't be that frustrated.

Actually, yes I can. And I am.

Even more now that I had that dream and I can't do anything about it because I have to go to work.

Thankfully Odi is at Chris', so I don't have to take him out for his morning walk and I can dress quickly, pick a candy bar from a cupboard along with my to-go cup filled with coffee and rush out of my flat.

I almost choke on the candy bar as I run down the stair, and risk to twist my ankle again as I take the last step before opening the building door and exit in the London crisp air.

Once my bar is finished I quickly send a text to Claire, telling her to postpone all my meetings for the morning and that I'll be at the office as soon as possible.

Given the time, the tube is full and the ride seems endless. There's a reason if I try to be always early and be at work at least 15 minutes early. And the reason is that London tube, at 9 in the morning is no fun.

I feel like a pretzel, pressed in between smelling, sweaty bodies. Not the best scene for a claustrophobic person.

As I walk down Canary Wharf streets my phone starts ringing in my hand and I answer without really looking at it.

"Hi poppet, how are you?" My mum's voice makes me stop for a second. Why did I reply without looking? She's gonna keep me on the phone for hours.

"Hi, mum. I'm good. How are you?" I ask while stepping inside my work building.

"I'm fine, poppet. Why are you so breathless?"

I'm 26 and she still calls me poppet.

"I'm running late at work. Is everything okay? Why are you calling me?" I put the phone in between my ear and shoulder as I search around my bag for my badge.

"To check on you. You didn't call this week and I was worried." She scolds me, making me roll my eyes. "How are Jace and Ronnie? And Odi?"

I wave at the girls at the reception and quickly walk to the elevator, pushing harshly at the button to call it.

"They are good. Odi is with Christopher and I didn't calk because I had a busy week. Actually. I send a couple of text to dad." I reply, tapping my foot at the ground as I wait.