Way 2: Kidnapped By A Sexy, Murderous Woman

"And she won't let me save him. If I try, she'll kill him, " I told Tony three weeks after Kellin had promised to stay with me for a year. The woman that he was currently with, who, by the way, was not murderous, was probably a slut. She was a vixen. Clearly. I would give him four days with her before he realized that she wasn't only sleeping with him. 

Apparently, I'm not nearly as good in bed as she is. Oh, I wonder why? I know Kellin's a player, but does he have to sleep with them too? It hurts me to think about him deep inside of some chick. 

That's honestly what made me wonder about when he and I were together. We're not overly sexual. Kellin's touchy-feely sure, but never like that. Was I special? Or just his stuffed animal to make him feel better about himself because I never leave? 

It's weird that I have all of these questions after three years of this. At this point I felt like I was mocking my friends. I'm such a goddamn liar. And they believe me every single time. 

"Why is something happening to Kellin every other week? " Tony asked. We were walking down the street, mostly because I told him that there was a major situation. I don't know why I brought attention to it at all. But something about this story just made me feel genuinely proud. That's the problem with lying. You can never admit that you did. And you can never take credit for your tricks. 

"I don't know. " This was the thirtieth time it had happened since he and I first got together. 

"You should get the police involved. I bet you that they can get him away from her." I shrugged at his suggestion. Just then, as though on queue, Kellin came running down the street. He looked frantic. 

"How did you get away? " Tony asked him. I was behind Tony, so I mouthed to Kellin that he was kidnapped. 

"Well, the murderer decided to play a game of chase. So now I'm running for my life. Can you guys hide me? " He looked at me. I shot him a look of concern, and he nodded. 

Oh my god. He really had been with a murderer. We began racing him back to my house. "What the hell happened? " I whispered into his ear. 

"Her boyfriend happened. He said he's going to kill me if he ever sees me near her again. And now she's chasing after me to test him. She's fucking insane, " He whispered back. I quickly glanced at Tony to make sure that he hadn't heard anything. If he had, he didn't act like it. That made me feel better. Just as long as all of this could stay a secret. 

We turned a corner with a stop sign and I spied my house. I dug around in my pocket for keys. The faster we got into the house and locked the door, the safer Kellin was. Just long enough to keep both the woman that he was with and her boyfriend away from him. 

We raced up the stairs to the front porch and I threw the door open as soon as I got the key inside. I pushed Kellin in and closed the door over the minute Tony got inside. I ran around the house, shutting all of the blinds and turning most of the lights off. We sat in front of the couch, staring off into space and whispering to each other. 

"Will you take me back? " Kellin whispered in my ear as quietly as possible. I nodded. He reached down and squeezed my hand. 

There was suddenly a loud rapping came at the front door. Oh shit. How were we going to hide the truth from Tony now? "STAY AWAY FROM HER YOU SON OF A BITCH! " A man shouted through the door. Tony looked at us strangely. Kellin shrugged. 

"Maybe she has a jealous boyfriend or something. He probably doesn't know that she kidnapped me, " He explained in a whisper. 

Tony must've bought it, because when they started yelling again, nothing happened. Nothing changed. He didn't look confused. We just sat there in silence. It was maybe an hour of this before the outside world got quiet. The only problem was we didn't know if they really went away. We'd have to send someone out to check, and that would risk a life. Or maybe all of our lives. 

"I'm going to see if they're still here, " Tony said after I debated the topic mentally for ten minutes. 

"What if they are? " I asked nervously. I really could afford to lose him. I don't want him to end up dying because Kellin decided to get intimate with a cheating bitch. 

"They won't shoot me. They're not after me, " He reassured as he stood up and started walking towards one of the windows. He separatated two blinds and peaked out the window. He then let go of those blinds and unlocked the door. He cracked it open, then he put his whole head out of the door. "All clear, " He confirmed. 

I breathed out a breath that I just noticed that I'd been holding. "That's a relief, " I said. I stood up and began fixing the blinds so that we could see again. Not that I minded the dark, it just made things weird. To sit in the dark during the middle of the day? I couldn't even see anyone else's faces. 

I looked at Kellin when we had gotten all of the blinds open again. Tony had left, saying that he'd long overstayed his welcome. He wasn't bothering us, but third-wheeling is never fun, right? "You promised, " I whined to Kellin as we say down one the couch. 

"I know, I know, baby. I'm so sorry. I got way in over my head and just... I forgot what I was doing." 

"You said that she was better in bed than I'll ever be. " I pouted. It was time to give him a taste of his own medicine. I'll make myself irresistible. It can't be that hard. 

"I know I said that. I was being so mean. " 

"Don't you love people for more than intercourse? " I looked at him more desperately. "Don't you love me? I'll do anything to keep you here. " 

"No, no. I do love you. I just... I really... Don't look at me like that, Vic. " He shifted around in his seat. He was clearly upset by the fact that I was acting this way. Usually he was the selfish, needy one. 

"Please keep me. I need you, " I whined, throwing myself into his arms. He hugged me and stroked my hair, kissing it a few times. 

"I'm so sorry, Vic. I know that this hurts you. But I promise that I'll always come back. The universe won't let us stay apart. " I could feel him smile as he rested his chin on top of my head. 

I knew what he was doing. This was it, my chance to prove that I could be just as good as him. Would I take it? No. I loved him too much to keep up with this. I had his attention for a while anyway. As long as he keeps coming back.... I'll be okay. 

This is what love is. I don't care what the masses have told you. I don't care what the stories have told you. This is love. Never giving up on someone no matter how much they screw up. Even if it hurts you. Love is painful. Love is heartache. And sometimes, just sometimes, love makes you feel really happy. It makes you feel happy to know that there is a possibility that someone out there really cares. That's the beauty of the darkness I suppose. Maybe that's why people love it so much.