𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲: Fool Me Once

Start from the beginning

"Jeremy's words, not mine." Fran shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Just sit down." Anna snapped, pointing at the bed before going over to look out the window.

At first, Fran refused to sit, but eventually, she was pulled down by Elena, who whispered a stern 'stop'. Fran honestly didn't know what she was doing wrong; she was only telling Anna what she heard.

"Bonnie's not gonna open the tomb," Elena said after a while.

Anna continued to look out the window as if she was waiting for something or someone, "Oh, I think she will."

"Do you really want Katherine out that bad?" Elena questioned, wondering why she'd want Katherine.

Anna finally looked at them, saying, "Trust me. No one I know wants to see that girl again. Except Damon, the love-struck idiot."

"Then what is it? Or who is it?" Elena continued with her questions, causing Fran to glance at her. Why is she allowed to annoy the vampire with questions but I can't say anything, she thought before she got distracted with a painting on the wall.

"My mother's in there," Anna told her truthfully. "Katherine couldn't help herself. She just had to toy around with both Salvatore brothers. And then when she got caught, so did my mother. I watched Jonathan Gilbert take her away."

"I'm sorry," Elena said, being sincere. She knew how horrible it was to lose a family member.

"You really mean that, don't you?" Anna asked, noticing how she wasn't faking sympathy.

"So, how old are you exactly? You know, since Jeremy is only fifteen I can't let you be with him if you're over seventeen because that would make you a paedophile, and I don't condone that." Fran broke up their moment, turning to look at Anna with squinted eyes.

"Are you an old woman? I'm assuming you're an old woman." Fran added, scrunching up her face while she nodded in thought.

Anna glared at her while Elena gave her a wide-eyed look, "You remind me of Katherine; bitchy and manipulative. You've got everyone around liking you even though you don't give a damn about them."

"My nonexistent personality just seems to draw people in." Fran shrugged, not at all bothered by the fact that she was angering the vampire.

Anna's glare deepened before it dropped, and she looked back at Elena, "Yeah, we'll skip the 'dead mom's bonding so you can start serving a purpose."

"Which is what?" Elena snapped, allowing annoyance to seep through her words.

"Leverage," Anna answered before grabbing a phone off the table next to her. "This belong to you?"

Elena immediately went to grab it, but Fran caught her arm and pulled her back, "You told me to sit, now I'm telling you to sit."

Anna smirked before moving back, choosing a contact before pressing call. Fran and Elena both shared looks before watching Anna as she spoke with who they assumed was Stefan.

"Elena, are you okay? Is Fran there?" Stefan asked the moment he answered the call.

"They're fine, for now. Tell me you have the Grimoire, and they'll stay fine." Anna looked at the two who were watching her.

Stefan hesitated before saying, "I can get it." Anna was quick to respond, "Which means your brother has it. And I have your witch. So one of you had better meet me in the town square in 30 minutes so we can safely discuss how fun it's gonna be to work together."

Anna then ended the phone call before going over and knocking on the bathroom door, "I'm leaving." Ben walked out of the bathroom, dragging Bonnie with him.