My eyes flickered to his mask. "Thank you, for saving me."

Brahms didn't respond at first, his eyes were locked with my own. "Why did you leave the house?"

My mouth went dry, I didn't have a specific answer. "I- I just needed fresh air."

I half expected him to be irritated, but he only nodded, "I understand."

I opened my mouth to apologize for my actions earlier, suddenly feeling embarrassed by the way I handled my anger, but he beat me to it.

"I apologize for snapping earlier." Brahms said, "I also didn't intend to pry."

I looked away remembering myself sharing about my parents. "It's okay, I'm sorry too." I mumbled. The thought of my parents sent a twinge of guilt through me.

I looked down at my teacup, watching the swirling depree of tea leaves float around aimlessly waiting for me to take a sip. Brahms didn't say anything else, and neither did I making the room very awkward and quiet.

Brahms sensed the uncomfortableness between us and stood up, he swiftly walked towards the fireplace and knelt down poking the burning logs with the iron poker.

It still confused me when he'd suddenly move or leave without an explanation, or a warning but I was beginning to get used to how random Brahms' behavior actually was.

I took a sip of my tea and set it gently on the table. A wave of exhaustion washed over me as my adrenaline levels finally began to flatten a bit.
I closed my eyes and drew my knees up to my chest attempting to keep the warmth within my body enclosed. I let out short breaths as I began to sink into a deep sleep.

My eyes flew open. It took me a moment to adjust to the blackness around me. I sat up discovering that I was still on the sofa in the reading room. I rubbed the back of my head with my hand and swung my legs over the side of the sofa. I looked to see if Brahms was still in the room. He wasn't. I let out a breath of air, I'd have to stay here for the night since I couldn't climb the steps on my own.

A faint growl in the distance of the hallway alerted me. I positioned my ear up in the air to hear better since my mind was still groggy. Another growl erupted into the quiet room. A flash of fear sparked in the pit of my stomach. It wasn't until I saw the glowing pair of eyes that I registered what was happening. A wolf. But how? I wanted to call for Brahms, not knowing where he was, I shrunk back into the sofa. My eyes began to water. As if the wolf knew it was tormenting me, he slowly began to prowl towards me a deep growl reverberating off of the floorboards. I whimpered and shrunk further back into the sofa, my eyes glued to the creature before me.

"Please don't hurt me." I begged, hoping that it would listen as if the creature understood English. Tears streamed down my cheeks as my chest heaved up and down.

Within seconds, the wolf had lunged at me causing me to release a blood curdling scream.

"Kátalin!" Brahms' hands were shaking me violently. My eyes flapped open, and my mouth hung agape. Sweat pooled around me. I sat up, seeing that I was in a bedroom rather than the reading room I softened a bit. It was just a dream. Brahms still had his hands wrapped around my wrists, his eyes boring into mine for answers.

Without thinking, I flung myself into him. Soft sobs escaped my lips as relief washed over me. Brahms wrapped his arms tightly around me, "it was just a dream. You're alright." My breathing was labored a bit as I tried to regain my normal heart rate.

Brahms loosened his grip on me and allowed his arms to fall at his sides, I was in now in an awkward position leaning into him while my arms were tucked into my lap. Feeling his movement, I quickly tore away and laid back down on the slightly damp pillow. Brahms' eyes never left mine as he pulled the thick quilt over me and snuggly under my chin.

I bit my lip nervously as he turned to leave, I didn't want to be alone. Especially not right now.

"Brahms?" I asked, my voice cracking.

Brahms turned around to face me.

"Could you stay a little while longer?" I asked.

My cheeks heated once he began walking towards the bed. He sat gently on the corner and watched me intently. "Sleep." He said.

I closed my eyes, I wanted so badly to smile, but I didn't want Brahms to think that I liked him. Because I don't. Not in that way.

"Don't leave until I'm asleep." I demanded. Brahms cocked his head to the side as if he wanted me to finish my demand with manners.

"Please?" I asked. Hoping that would suffice.

"I won't." He responded softly.

"Promise?" I asked again, yawning before I could finish.

"Sleep." Brahms repeated.

I kept my eyes closed a little while longer before I started to drift away. I felt Brahms' hand brush my cheek before I fell completely asleep.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A little short chapter for ya! Next chapter should be published in a few days :)
As always thank you for reading!
- Ri