Prologue- Say Something

(Okay yeah, I know the song's cheesy, but it fits so shush)

(Also, sadly, I own none of these characters.)

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to

Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

And anywhere, I would have followed you

Oh-oh-oh-oh say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something...

~~~~

"Ready?"

The boy asked, tightening his grip on his sword. The weapon felt bulky in his hands, not being used to having weapons but he was required to have one on hand for emergency protection.

The brown haired girl beside him scoffed," Losin' your nerve, Golden Boy? You act like were facing something tough, like a Minotaur or something." Snorting, she twirled her dagger in her fingers, leaning almost casually on her Celestrial bronze sword like they weren't about to be fighting for their lives.

"The girl's got a point, Will, it is just a couple Erymanthian Boars which we don't even know if they're hostile or not." A voice chimed by the door frame. A heavy-set brown haired girl was combing over the entrances workings, running her callused fingers along the woodwork. Stepping back, she scratched the red bandana tied around her forehead. "Doesn't look like anything special," she reported," Besides the lock, this door's pretty plain."

"Wow thanks, Nyssa, I could'a told you that just by lookin' at it, instead of taking forever checking for things that weren't there." The girl beside Will grumbled, sliding her dagger back into it's sheathe with a shrrink! Brushing off the dust from her armour.

"Are you kidding me, Clarisse? Would you rather me not check and get blown to smithereens?" Nyssa shot back, and Clarisse was about to retort but Will held up a hand.

"Holy Apollo, could you two not do this right now? Can we please just get this over with?" He pleaded, running a damp hand through his golden hair.

Clarisse wiggled her eyebrows," Eager to get back to Nico, lover boy? How cute." For once, Nyssa seemed to agree, they both were sent into a fit of giggles as Will's ears turned red.

"Gods you two are hopeless, Nyssa could you just unlock the door now?" He huffed bitterly, embarrassment making him snappish, as he crossed his arms, the sword swinging dangerously close to his own foot.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Don't worry, we'll get you home to your boyfriend soon enough." She teased, sharing another giggle with Clarisse, before turning towards the door. Working quickly to unlock it with her powers of Hephaestus guiding her. Withing a few moments there was an audible click, and the door was swinging inwards.

With a nod, all three crept through the door silently, their earlier argument put on hold for now. The place was a wildlife reserve for exotic birds and small mammals, complete with tall trees, mud patches, and a large glass dome high above their heads. Lately, though, their had been reports by the tree nymphs staying in the place that a few Erymanthian Boars had decided that this place looked cozy and was tearing up the place. Chiron had organized the small party of campers to go and herd them out, but had allowed them to put them down if they decided they wanted to make a demigod shish ka-bob out of one of their canoe sized tusks.

Now, as the small band made their way into the oversized fish bowl, it was eerily quiet. Even the birds were silent as they trekked through the jungle-like terrain, keeping their eyes peeled for large mounds of pork and ivory.

"This place is giving me the creeps." Clarisse whispered, saying what they were all thinking. "Like, where are the birds, the nymphs, Gods, shouldn't we have found the Boars. I mean, how hard is it to find near thirty foot tall pigs in an enclosed space?" She complained, cursing as she stepped in a mud pit that covered her foot to her ankle.

Will just shrugged, an uneasy feelings prickling the back of his neck, making the hairs stand up. His stomach was tying itself in knots, and he had the itching idea that something terrible was going to happen. His pale blue eyes scanned the clearing they had come across, was it weird he felt like they were being watched. Like if he focused hard enough he'd just be able to see...

"Guys I think-"

Nyssa began, but only to be cut short by Will throwing her out of the way, Clarisse crying out in horror as the large tusk of a Boar buried itself deep into the stomach of Will Solace.