Special (Sad) Ending (Chapter 14) ~ Not everything is what it seems

Quick AN: This chapter has no effect on the current storyline (may have been referenced a bit in a recent chapter, so technically I guess it does have an effect :^?), think of it as a spin off ending. Well, I'll explain it at the end so if it doesn't make sense don't worry! It's gonna be weird and probably isn't going to make any sense so please bear with me.

~~~~

1st P.O.V.

God it hurt seeing her like this. She was the only survivor. Her condition was horrible when we first found her. (H/C) hair matted with dried blood and dirt. The multiple gashes and splotches of blood that littered her delicate body.

It's been roughly 2 weeks since then. She's remained mostly unresponsive, her faced etched into a pained frown. However, every once in a while she'd breathlessly laugh or shift her position, only for her face to scrunch up and revert back to it previous state.

When any of those actions occured, I'd always look up at her face, longing to see those beautiful (E/C) orbs I'd grown to love. The orbs that held endless compassion for a certain titan brat.

But I'd never see them. I asked the current medic if such actions were normal, but I only received a shrug and an infuriating reply.

"It doesn't matter, she's bound to die eventually. You're wasting your time on a useless excuse of a soldier."

I kicked the stupid fucker's balls in. Useless? Tch. Says the one who transferred into the medical ward after their first expedition beyond the damn walls. A cowardly move really. If anyone was a useless excuse of a soldier, it was most definitely him.

"Know your fucking place, pig."

Eventually I had become accustomed to her shifting and breathless, faint laugh. It was better than seeing her in a dead like, unresponsive state. Where ever she was in that head of her's, I'm relieved it makes her happy. To have to see her suffering, more so than she is now, would shatter me beyond repair.

Someone as sweet as her didn't deserve this, this should of never happened to her..

But it did.

I wish I could of done something.

But I couldn't do anything.

She had taken a powerful blow for that idiotic brat. It happened so suddenly. In the short time that she had knew him, she grown protective of him in a way. It seemed like she hated him, she'd often scream at him for being too loud or smack his head.

But genuinely, she really cared for him. Her eyes said it all. Deep down, he probably knew as well. Sure maybe she went a little overboard with him, and sometimes it'd get a little embarrassing for him, but I don't think he minded it too much.

Eren Jaeger .

The brat was lucky it was a mother-son like (would of said brother-sister but Mikasa takes the cake on that) relationship. Hell knows I'd kick the shit out of him again had it been something else.

He was undoubtedly affected by her current state as well. He'd visit every morning and every afternoon, but she still remained in the same state. He apologized profusely but his apologies meant nothing to me.

"Look brat, your apologies mean nothing to me. Apologizing won't do shit for her."

I had watched as he walked off, defeated and more down than usual. Was it harsh? Perhaps. It's the cold hard truth unfortunately. A measly, shitty apology doesn't stand for anything in this fucked up, cruel world.

It was obvious she wasn't going to last for much longer. She was unable to have a proper meal. A proper drink. I watched her figure in silence. The sounds of her harsh breaths, and the faint rustling of her clothes as she inhaled, were the only sounds I could hear.

I watched her chest rise and fall until it suddenly spasmed as she heaved. I held her hand as I called for the nurses. They did what they could but it wasn't enough. There was nothing more that they could do.

In the end, she's leaving me too.

They left and let me be with her in her final moments. I looked at her face as her warm (E/C) eyes suddenly snapped open and met mine. I opened my mouth to speak, to say anything to her, but her chest finally collapsed and I watched as the life slowly drained out of them.

Her hand lost its warmth, and her skin turned pale. I let it flop gently onto sheets as I stood up straight. I looked back into her now dull, lifeless eyes as I gave her one final salute.

I walked away and never looked back. This was the risk we faced being in the Survey Corps.

We were never meant to have a happy end (Y/N).

Goodbye my brat,
The time for you to rest has come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Confused? Honestly, me too bro. I don't know why I wrote this tbh, it was an idea I had and it seemed really cool in my head, but now seeing it written out..It seems dumb. If you don't understand, basically everything about AOT JH is all in the reader's imagination/head. She's actually in the AOT universe, stuck in a coma like state due to a serious injury she'd received. As you could probably tell, Levi's there with her/you. I kind of meant for this to be a kind of "bad" end to the story. The reader dies, not knowing she's seeing a fake fantasy. Her opening her eyes was just a reflex thingy I made up. (I WAS BEING ANGSTY) She doesn't realize, it was only meant to cause Levi pain :> it don't make sense s o y e a h, I failed.

It was fun writing it. Sorta. I feel like I did good but at the same time I feel I didn't. I believe it makes sense but at the same time it doesn't. I don't really know.

I'll let you guys be the judge.

Written On: 06/19/20