Chapter 16: Kimochi-san Pt. 4

Start from the beginning

She shook it delightfully but didn't really show it.

Amane sat next to Gowaii, he postponed midway as the loud noises emitted from the boy's stomach.

"Oh. I guess I'm hungry. Want something?" he asked out of curiosity, he previously saw her sitting on the bench with absolutely nothing to eat.

Gowaii just started at the young juvenile.

He would spend money on me?

Nobody's ever done that for me before…

She nodded, all that without radiating a single emotion.

He got up and smiled.

"I'll be back! I'll try to hurry!"

"You don't need to-"

But what's the use screaming back at him? He already ran away and took a left, probably to a food stand or something.

She was really pleased, really. She had just met a boy who was talking to her and wasn't hating her instead, as everyone else did.

But she found something special about him. Something she couldn't quite make out.

What was it?!

I don't know, either.

So she sat there and thought long, but she couldn't decipher it.

Finally, she figured she'd just pushed it aside.

"That shouldn't bother me, I have a friend, at least…"

Amane came running back with two white transparent plastic bags that looked like they had food in them, from where Gowaii was sitting.

He stuck one bag out.

"Here!" he grinned, " This's for you!"

Gowaii gladly accepted his offer.

~

{^°^ 15 minutes later~ ^°^}

"Ha~! So full~!" Amane shouted while rubbing his stomach in circles.

"Finally… something that isn't orphanage food…"

"You eat a lot…" Gowaii spoke.

"Yeah! That was delicious~~!!!!" he screamed almost instantly before it went silent again, " Y'know, I came here with my little brother, but he abandoned me like-- three hours ago, maybe. I didn't want to stop him, he would get violent otherwise."

Gowaii looked at him.

"So I was thinking I'd have to eat dinner alone but doing that is pretty lonely, " he continued, " But I found you so it's not so lonely anymore!"

"Brother?"

"Yeah! His name's Tsukasa and we're twins!"

"Where is he?"

"Oh, He's busy playing Katanuki."

"What's that?"

"It's just an activity game where you carve a colored mold of candy in the shape of an animal or a star or a cherry blossom just by using a needle or a toothpick. Those who are able to skillfully carve the mold receive a prize. And he'll even go as far as to skipping dinner."

She was about to speak but it was unknown to him that he cut her off.

"Plus I hate it when people can't differentiate us…" Amane grumbled and crossed his arms at the thought.