Ch 1 | The Assignment

I sat at my desk quietly, filling in paperwork, most of it belonged to America. He doesn’t seem to have much time nowadays. Alot of them were contracts, digital and traditional, it wouldn’t be long till the speaker in my room would turn on, and the familiar voice of America would fill the silence.

“DC, please come to my room at once.”

I get up immediately, not wanting to risk any chance of the meeting being limited by time.

“Yes?” I sit down at his desk, which is neat and shiny. A foul contrast to my work station.

“I need you to do something...”

“Of course, anything.”
America shuffled some papers, then spoke.

“You are going to meet with the capital of Russia, and find out anything you can. I have reason to believe there is an attack planned against us. You will do anything to find out what it is, as well as anything there might be.

Understand?”

“Yes, when do I sta-"

“Now.”

I leave immediately again, America is a busy man. As I walk, I turn to enter the ladies restroom.

Watching the ridiculous grin on my face grow in the mirror. I know exactly what I will do, casual meetings at his residence. Slowly gaining his trust as we discuss ways to water down this tension between our countries. When his head is turned, I’ll snoop around. Find the information, and when he begins to doubt me. I’ll seal him in a relationship, so he’ll have to believe me, as we would be partners.

I laughed, it’ll be easy.

But.

I don’t know how to seduce anybody- I haven’t even been in a relationship before. Surely the other other states have, I’ve seen them fool around with each other, as well as people from over the border. Simple. They have to help me, its for America.

I email a few of them, feeling great.

None answer, not a single one replied.

Who cares anyways? I don’t care, definitely not. They’re idiots anyways.

Google is much more reliable, as usual.

I email Moscow now, labeling it as ‘Important’ so he’ll be more likely to read it. Attaching her phone number.

It rings some time later.

“Hello? This is DC, capital of America.” She smiled to herself.

“Yes, yes, this is Moscow, I read your email and I’m intrested. I emailed you back my address, please meet me there tommorow. Without, America or any of your associates knowing. I’d like to keep this private until we have a good understanding of what we are doing.”

It was obvious that his accent was held back, as each word sounded too focused and forced clear to be natural. It’s funny he tries so hard on something so, idiotic.

“Oh yes, I’ll keep it private, don’t you worry. I hate to hang up so soon but I’m very busy.” I snicker as I grab a handful of popcorn, I’m not busy at all- “I’ll see you tomorrow then-"

“Dasva- Er, goodbye.”

“Mhm"

This was going to be easy.

These chapters will vary greatly in size, and I apologize if it's not as good as my others, I'm having a lil bit of a struggle right now. And I'm trying to practice with 1st person writing ._.

But I can tell you, it will get better.

Also none of the states/cities/ whatever are related incest is yucky